Woody Johnson

UnitedWhofans

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Oh, you prefer the Jets way of wasting 5 or 6 years before turning it over...

"Become the Cleveland Browns" ... Unfortunately we aren't held in much higher regard than the Browns.

Regardless, you want to follow what the CLeveland Browns are doing?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mike Maccagnan, a football man recommended by Casserly and Wolf, is thrown out of town, what is to stop Woody from getting another Idzik?

People wanted Rex gone for the circus, and he is winning in Buffalo.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Woody Johnson. He did everything right this time around and still people want change.

What do you want the man to do?

AS for Bowles, everybody loved the hire. Hell, everybody loved him a few months ago. Now he'e enemy #1.

It just pisses me off that people change their minds so fricking quickly. It borders on hypocrisy.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Regardless, you want to follow what the CLeveland Browns are doing?

You want to wallow in ineptitude for the next 5 years for the sake of "stability"?

I don't want to follow the Browns. The Browns and the Jets are bad due to poor choices not because they make changes. Good choices lead to good results. Poor choices lead to bad results, and sticking with those bad choices doesn't make anything better. Hiring a HC with prior experience is a good start for positive change.

Just now, Embrace the Suck said:

You want to wallow in ineptitude for the next 5 years for the sake of "stability"?

I don't want to follow the Browns. The Browns and the Jets are bad due to poor choices not because they make changes. The good choices lead to good results. Poor changes lead to bad results, and staying with those bad changes doesn't make anything better. Hiring a HC with prior experience is a good start.

You want a retread? Most retreads are not good. And the moment one is hired, the fans will be angry because if he was fired from somewhere else, people will use that against him

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You want a retread? Most retreads are not good. And the moment one is hired, the fans will be angry because if he was fired from somewhere else, people will use that against him

Bowles, Rex, Mangini, Herm, Groh 

How has the fresh blood worked out the last decade and a half? A couple of AFC champ appearances and little to no sustained success... A retread as far as I'm concerned is an old guy who was never really anything and has hung around the league. I'd like a guy who maybe it didn't work out the first time but showed some promise. While I don't have a list of candidates in front of me I'm sure there are capable people out there.

12 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Bowles, Rex, Mangini, Herm, Groh 

How has the fresh blood worked out the last decade and a half? A couple of AFC champ appearances and little to no sustained success... A retread as far as I'm concerned is an old guy who was never really anything and has hung around the league. I'd like a guy who maybe it didn't work out the first time but showed some promise. While I don't have a list of candidates in front of me I'm sure there are capable people out there.

Les Miles  jumps off the page. And he is looking to show that LSU made a big mistake dumping him so early in a season.May be Bob Stoops has had enough of kissing the posteriors of 18 year olds. Need someone who a.has a chip and his shoulder, something to prove, and b. is more open-minded and analytic about what winning NFL teams do and don't do. 

Archived