CFL Free Agents - 2/14/17

DMan77

This probably won't matter because only a few of these guys will even get an audition with a NFL team, but here's a pretty good list of the top CFL free agents... The Jets dipped in here last year with Bishop, so maybe they'll find a guy this time around. I like the finding guys in the CFL because you know they've been working hard and trying to get noticed... I think that kind of work ethic and passion makes for a good player.

http://www.cfl.ca/2017/01/19/cfl-cas-top-30-pending-free-agents/

Just a couple names to maybe keep an eye on... There are more to see in the link.

Terrell Sinkfield - WR (Signed with the Vikings)

Quincy McDuffie - WR/Returner

Hunter Steward - OL

Greg Van Roten - OL

Emanuel Davis - CB

Khalil Bass - LB

Most of the CFL guys being talked about have already had work outs and or signed deals or will sign so.  In a number of cases CFL teams will grant players their release if they want to try the NFL earlier.

None of the guys posted above will do a thing re the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Most of the CFL guys being talked about have already had work outs and or signed deals or will sign so.  In a number of cases CFL teams will grant players their release if they want to try the NFL earlier.

None of the guys posted above will do a thing re the NFL.

Oops my list was actually old. Sinkfeld already signed with the Vikings.

And you're probably right, but I predict we'll see more teams scoop guys up from the CFL as the years go on. I think it's going to become more and more of a pipeline... I'm not talking 50 guys a year or anything, but I think you'll see more and more come over.

13 minutes ago, C Mart said:

19 tackles and 3 sacks. Not too bad.

Again, probably peaks as a ST player, but I just like that they went out and got a guy who has obviously been busting his butt trying to get another chance in the NFL... Guys like that who are motivated and hardworking are good to have on the roster. Obviously you need skill and talent too, but attitude definitely matters. 

Archived