Top ranked college QB's breakdown. VIDEO.

Villain The Foe

Recently saw Josh Allen draw comparisons to John Elway.

Really looking forward to watching A LOT of games from last season and the upcoming season with all of these QBs.

It'll be interesting to watch some of these guys this year.  Guys that I'm interested in:

Darnold:  Obvious choice, is probably the No. 1 pick right now, but would also like to see him repeat the process and be as successful.  Only concern to me is a bit of a windup in his delivery, but other than that, seems to possess all the skills of a franchise guy.  Heard some Luck comparisons lately, although I'm not sure his deep passing game is nearly on the same level.

Allen:  From a pure passer standpoint, the most talented guy in the draft because he has a cannon, and enough athletic abilities to move around.  Competition is a big concern because he folded when facing good competition, so it remains to be seen how he does in big games.  He will make the wow throws though, reminds me a lot of Mahomes.  It'll be interesting to see how he can mature this year.  

Rosen:  I wasn't quite as impressed as scouting reports led me to believe, but scouts seem to love him.  Plays in a more pro style system, so I guess it helps them, but I didn't see the insane ability that many have talked about.  Maybe it's weak talent, or unrecognized cerebral skills, but another big year for him.  If he can stay healthy, then we will really have a QB pick controversy at the top.

Browning:  I'm glad the guy mentioned him as a top 3 option because prior to the injury, I thought he was a clear top 5 pick caliber guy.  He doesn't have the arm strength of Rosen/Darnold/Allen but I love how he reads the field and spreads the ball.  

Ryipen:  I might be the only one high on him, but I think he has some really nice potential, with excellent mechanics and great arm.  Just from tape, I take this kid over Tribusky (which should tell you my feelings of this class vs. next class).  

Jackson:  He's interesting because, right now he's not a starter in the NFL, but if he can improve the timing of his throws and get better at reading, he's going to skyrocket up the draft boards next year.  Right now, that offense is basically an RPO, and then see if the defense has a one on one match up somewhere to exploit.  

I don't know if I've been this excited for a QB class, because I can make top ten cases for each of those guys with some improvement.  Obviously, some will get hurt or regress, and someone else will come out of nowhere, but if we picked a year to tank, this is it.  

4 hours ago, win4ever said:

It'll be interesting to watch some of these guys this year.  Guys that I'm interested in:

Darnold:  Obvious choice, is probably the No. 1 pick right now, but would also like to see him repeat the process and be as successful.  Only concern to me is a bit of a windup in his delivery, but other than that, seems to possess all the skills of a franchise guy.  Heard some Luck comparisons lately, although I'm not sure his deep passing game is nearly on the same level.

Allen:  From a pure passer standpoint, the most talented guy in the draft because he has a cannon, and enough athletic abilities to move around.  Competition is a big concern because he folded when facing good competition, so it remains to be seen how he does in big games.  He will make the wow throws though, reminds me a lot of Mahomes.  It'll be interesting to see how he can mature this year.  

Rosen:  I wasn't quite as impressed as scouting reports led me to believe, but scouts seem to love him.  Plays in a more pro style system, so I guess it helps them, but I didn't see the insane ability that many have talked about.  Maybe it's weak talent, or unrecognized cerebral skills, but another big year for him.  If he can stay healthy, then we will really have a QB pick controversy at the top.

Browning:  I'm glad the guy mentioned him as a top 3 option because prior to the injury, I thought he was a clear top 5 pick caliber guy.  He doesn't have the arm strength of Rosen/Darnold/Allen but I love how he reads the field and spreads the ball.  

Ryipen:  I might be the only one high on him, but I think he has some really nice potential, with excellent mechanics and great arm.  Just from tape, I take this kid over Tribusky (which should tell you my feelings of this class vs. next class).  

Jackson:  He's interesting because, right now he's not a starter in the NFL, but if he can improve the timing of his throws and get better at reading, he's going to skyrocket up the draft boards next year.  Right now, that offense is basically an RPO, and then see if the defense has a one on one match up somewhere to exploit.  

I don't know if I've been this excited for a QB class, because I can make top ten cases for each of those guys with some improvement.  Obviously, some will get hurt or regress, and someone else will come out of nowhere, but if we picked a year to tank, this is it.  

Nice read. 

Jake Browning was the first QB that I came across in the class and I saw exactly what you saw. He's a solid QB for sure. My top 2 fav QB's is Mayfield/Browning. Not saying that Browning will be better than a Darnold, but I simply liked what I saw. 

I do believe Mayfield will end up being the best of the bunch. He simply has alot of tape which is consistently the same when it comes to high production. I still cant understand how he's constantly overlooked when I hear pundits with their general reference to this QB class, and I know it's because of his height because it sure as hell isnt his game. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Nice read. 

Jake Browning was the first QB that I came across in the class and I saw exactly what you saw. He's a solid QB for sure. My top 2 fav QB's is Mayfield/Browning. Not saying that Browning will be better than a Darnold, but I simply liked what I saw. 

I do believe Mayfield will end up being the best of the bunch. He simply has alot of tape which is consistently the same when it comes to high production. I still cant understand how he's constantly overlooked when I hear pundits with their general reference to this QB class, and I know it's because of his height because it sure as hell isnt his game. 

With Browning, I really would like to see how he does without Ross.  His arm strength might be an issue, and I believe he did injure his shoulder so that's never a good thing.  But he reminded me a ton of Pennington (who without the injuries) would have been a fine QB.  

I haven't really looked at Mayfield to be honest, partially because I'm not sure how to interpret that Air Raid style system.  For him, I think it'll depend on how his physicals are, but I really don't know because I haven't looked at him.  I have Darnold/Rosen/Browning as the ones I saw so far.  I like Ryipen a lot, especially if he could improve his accuracy a bit more and not trying to push the ball down the field constantly.  He reminds me a lot of Derek Carr, when I was watching his tape.  Good mechanics, very good passes going deep.  Their sophomore year numbers were pretty identical as well.   

Archived