Flyers trade for Nedved

faba

Coyotes trade Nedved to Flyers for Seidenberg

January 20, 2006

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- The Phoenix Coyotes traded center Petr Nedved to the Philadelphia Flyers for defenseman Dennis Seidenberg.

Friday's trade also gave the Flyers the option of swapping fourth-round draft choices with the Coyotes at this year's entry draft and third-round choices with the Coyotes in next year's entry draft.

"Nedved has always been a good scorer and a real good player and we think he'll solve some of our problems up front," said Flyers general manager Bob Clarke.

Nedved, who was benched earlier in the season, had two goals and nine assists in 25 games in his first season with the Coyotes.

"Obviously, I am very pleased and happy to be coming to Philadelphia," Nedved said. "I am coming to one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference, so I am very excited to play for the Flyers. This year has been kind of frustrating as far as offensive production, so hopefully I can help Philadelphia and start producing offensively."

Seidenberg has been in the NHL three years, all with the Flyers. He has two goals and five assists this season.

Uh... this wasn't the type of move I was talking about Bobby making...

Yes, my love. This is exactly what you were talking about. I didn't even know about this trade until I watched the F'ers/Pens game yesterday afternoon! He is exactly what we need: An offensive player! The only problem is that he chokes in the playoffs and has an attitude issue. It should be interesting to see how he develops.

Yes, my love. This is exactly what you were talking about. I didn't even know about this trade until I watched the F'ers/Pens game yesterday afternoon! He is exactly what we need: An offensive player! The only problem is that he chokes in the playoffs and has an attitude issue. It should be interesting to see how he develops.

Not a chance luv... this wasn't the move I was talking about. I was thinking more along the lines of defense and a goalie.

Not a chance luv... this wasn't the move I was talking about. I was thinking more along the lines of defense and a goalie.

The F'ers now have a decent forward in Nedved. We are in serious need of D. Without Desjardins, Johnsson and Pitkanen in the lineup, we're hurting.

Esche is overrated and runs hot and cold. When we signed him, I think he was meant to be a career backup. Nothing more. I like Nittymaki alot, but the guy has been playing way too much and needs a rest. Also, he is terrible in shootouts. He needs to get better.

Archived