At least there's a plan...

TripleThreat

All we've heard is that the Jets really want to trade down for more picks.  This has been fairly consistent throughout the draft season.  

Regardless of how it turns out, I'll give them credit as at least they seem to have a plan of attack.

We'll soon see how it unfolds, but I for one have faith.

Having lived through 35 years as a Jets fan, I've seen it all.  The highly-drafted busts.  The all-time players we've passed on.  The all-time players we've hit on (Revis, Mangold, etc.)  Folks, the draft is never a sure thing.  You can miss on high picks, strike gold on low picks...you just never know for sure.  But I know 2 things:

1) NFL teams have access to more info than we do.

2) There is no guarantee ANY of these players turn into all-time greats, or even all-pro's.

So, if this front office believes that the talent in this draft lends itself to trading down and picking up more lottery tickets, then I have faith it will work out.  

Last thought...the most successful (and most cheating) franchise in the NFL trades down all the time.  Seems to work out pretty well for them.

4 minutes ago, TripleThreat said:

All we've heard is that the Jets really want to trade down for more picks.  This has been fairly consistent throughout the draft season.  

Regardless of how it turns out, I'll give them credit as at least they seem to have a plan of attack.

We'll soon see how it unfolds, but I for one have faith.

Having lived through 35 years as a Jets fan, I've seen it all.  The highly-drafted busts.  The all-time players we've passed on.  The all-time players we've hit on (Revis, Mangold, etc.)  Folks, the draft is never a sure thing.  You can miss on high picks, strike gold on low picks...you just never know for sure.  But I know 2 things:

1) NFL teams have access to more info than we do.

2) There is no guarantee ANY of these players turn into all-time greats, or even all-pro's.

So, if this front office believes that the talent in this draft lends itself to trading down and picking up more lottery tickets, then I have faith it will work out.  

Last thought...the most successful (and most cheating) franchise in the NFL trades down all the time.  Seems to work out pretty well for them.

I want to have faith. I really do. But I just don't trust the joker in charge. His track record says not to. 

Archived