Moss' agent arrested on drug charge

Smizzy

Moss' agent arrested on drug charge

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- An agent for Oakland Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss has been charged with possession of crack cocaine after police were called to a hotel to investigate a disturbance, authorities said Wednesday.

Dante DiTrapano and his wife, Teri, of Charleston, W.Va., were arrested Tuesday at a hotel in St. Petersburg, police said. The pair remained in jail late Wednesday on $5,000 bond each, according to a Pinellas County Jail official.

The hotel's management called police to report a disturbance outside the couple's room. When officers entered the room they found cocaine in plain view, police said.

"It was all over the place -- little bits of crack here, paraphernalia. It was on the bed, on the floor," said George Kajtsa, a spokesman for the St. Petersburg police department.

Police seized 73 pieces of crack cocaine and 21 grams of powder cocaine, Kajtsa said. An officer who wrote the report on the incident said another amount of cocaine appeared to have been flushed down the toilet, Kajtsa said.

"If one person would have had all this, that would have been trafficking quantities," Kajtsa said.

Three other people were also arrested and charged with possession of crack cocaine, police said. Each person had cocaine on them, Kajtsa said.

DiTrapano also is an attorney.

"Dante has been battling depression over two tragedies that occurred this past year. We don't know the facts of his arrest at this point, but we hope and pray that Dante will now get the help he needs," Tim DiPiero, an attorney with DiTrapano, Barrett & DiPiero in Charleston, said in a statement released Wednesday.

Moss also commented through the attorney's office.

"I'm sticking by my friend and I'll support him and his family as he gets help battling his problem," Moss said.

Crack is whack,ask Whitney.

Archived