Why Haven't the Jets Signed Ashworth?

SUPERJET

Are Mangi-Tann completely ignoring the offensive line? Ashworth is the best FA O-lineman available, and is only like 28! As a former Patriot, he must fit the character type the Jets want. Plus, isn't he fraud protection? :)

I hope they get this guy...

Dude, do you know how deep the OLine is in this year's draft?

Why pay big bucks for a FA when you can probably draft a starter in rounds 2-4.

Tex I don't know of 1 FA or Cut player that some Jet Fan hasn't said;We should get this Guy!! That's why so many really miss Hermie! He was the only one that was more clueless then them!:yahoo:

Are Mangi-Tann completely ignoring the offensive line? Ashworth is the best FA O-lineman available, and is only like 28! As a former Patriot, he must fit the character type the Jets want. Plus, isn't he fraud protection? :)

He's missed more game to injury in the last three seasons than John Abraham. Let the Bucs have him.

Tex I don't know of 1 FA or Cut player that some Jet Fan hasn't said;We should get this Guy!! That's why so many really miss Hermie! He was the only one that was more clueless then them!:yahoo:

hey old man;)....isnt that what free agency is all about..???

wanting free agents???

I guess if we could get him at a reasonable cost.

well, its kind of obvious that we wont get him for a reasonable cost...cause he's still available...otherwise someone else wouldve grabbed him..

I guess if we could get him at a reasonable cost.

The guy has had injury problems for 2 years now and lost his starting job at RT to Gorin last season. If you watched Gorin in pass protection, and realized Ashworth lost his job to him..you might have second thoughts about him coming here.

Ashworth would be a great addition as a back-up to create depth.

I would not want the guy as a starter on my Oline.

It all comes down to what the Jets are willing to pay for a back-up OLineman.

Ashworth would be a great addition as a back-up to create depth.

I would not want the guy as a starter on my Oline.

It all comes down to what the Jets are willing to pay for a back-up OLineman.

And I believe that is why Ashworth isnt here. He most likely wants to be promised a starting position and Mangini most likely isnt prepared to make such inferences.

Archived