Interest in Mario Williams

vinnys025

Jets | Team visits M. Williams' Pro Day

Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:45:15 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets visited North Carolina State DL Mario Williams' Pro Day workout Wednesday, March 22. The Jets have Williams scheduled for a private visit on April 11.

I wouldn't mind the Jets draft Williams at #4 (if he was there) he could be a good replacment for abe or even better in the next couple of years.

How about way better than Abe. Not only will he be a better pass rusher than the overrated Abraham he will also be much better playing the run due to his massiv frame (6'7 290 lbs.). I would still rather trade down though.

Williams is a good pick but Jets already invested in Ellis, Robertson and Eldoffen for next 3 years.... Where will Williams fit in those future years?

Will Jets continue using 4-3 scheme?

I rather to take Hawk instead.

No, we will have scheme similar to the Pats in which the defensive front will show many different looks and will attempt to create mismatches.What that means is a very heavy rotation where 4-5 guys will get a hefty amount of playing time.

Williams would be our version of Richard Seymour..and he combined w/ D rob would be a match up nightmare for many offenses.

Archived