Buying single game tickets with a credit card

Tried to buy 2 tickets for the game with the Bills on Oct 14. Tried to pay using both a mastercard and an american express card. Both times got a message that that type of card could not be used. I think they are pressuring for the use of visa.

Is there any way to buy these tickets without having to open a visa account?

I'm guessing there's some other problem. The secret exclusion of mastercard and american express when ticketmaster lists it as an accepted payment form (American express is also listed as accepted) would be surprising. I'd do the logical thing and contact ticketmaster

1 hour ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Tried to buy 2 tickets for the game with the Bills on Oct 14. Tried to pay using both a mastercard and an american express card. Both times got a message that that type of card could not be used. I think they are pressuring for the use of visa.

It's probably that you selected tickets that are part of the "VISA Presale" or similar. 

I don't believe that general open-to-all tickets are actually on sale yet, when I looked it was Season Ticket Holder Presale and (probably) VISA Presale, and resale of course, only.  That was early on tho, so who knows.

• Upvote 1

Not sure about what's being sold right now. But I know the seats I wanted this AM are gone now. Whole sections looks sold out. Forunately, I was able to get 2 other seats. For some reason, my mastercard worked this time around.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

I use Cap One Savor card (MasterCard) and it gives back 3-4% on any entertainment.  I use it for my jets tix, concerts and anything sports, theater or movies.  No problems yet with TicketMaster either using it.  

12 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

It has to be a Visa presale or something like that. Rough either way.

When my cards get denied at least I know it is because of my impending bankruptcy. That is comforting.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Not sure about what's being sold right now. But I know the seats I wanted this AM are gone now. Whole sections looks sold out. Forunately, I was able to get 2 other seats. For some reason, my mastercard worked this time around.

I am told ticket sales are going very well this year. I hope that is true, would love the stadium to be rocking!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am told ticket sales are going very well this year. I hope that is true, would love the stadium to be rocking!

Heard the same

spoke to my rep yesterday and there does not appear to be much inventory at all at least in lower bowl

could explain the buy back of 3 games

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

I use Cap One Savor card (MasterCard) and it gives back 3-4% on any entertainment.  I use it for my jets tix, concerts and anything sports, theater or movies.  No problems yet with TicketMaster either using it.  

Great card - ain't it D?

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Trotter said:

Heard the same

spoke to my rep yesterday and there does not appear to be much inventory at all at least in lower bowl

Do you want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Do you want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge?

Easy there tough guy - I was responding to @Maxman simply with information that I received from my rep.

If your insinuation is that I am gullible - get in line - your not the first.

Here's a thought that is difficult I know but I find it usually 100% accurate at least in the business world. Take time to listen and comprehend and don't always rush to hear or see your opinion or response.

Sometimes rare as it might be the person speaking to you actually has something of value to say.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Easy there tough guy - I was responding to @Maxman simply with information that I received from my rep.

If your insinuation is that I am gullible - get in line - your not the first.

Here's a thought that is difficult I know but I find it usually 100% accurate at least in the business world. Take time to listen and comprehend and don't always rush to hear or see your opinion or response.

Sometimes rare as it might be the person speaking to you actually has something of value to say.

According to some, sales are going well.  Last season there were tons of new STHs for the year and many did not renew.  They are in the process with catching up to last year.  I think they will do so easily by September.  

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

According to some, sales are going well.  Last season there were tons of new STHs for the year and many did not renew.  They are in the process with catching up to last year.  I think they will do so easily by September.  

Alot of people signed two year contracts with the jets last year so they had yo renew this year. That is the reason for the buy back this year they are hoping that if they give jets credit for next season people will renew.

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2024 at 7:49 AM, Trotter said:

Heard the same

I tried to buy the two extra seats next to me. They have been open for years. Had them the last few but gave them up.

They sold.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I tried to buy the two extra seats next to me. They have been open for years. Had them the last few but gave them up.

They sold.

Hopefully that is a sign of larger crowds and more jet fans in the stands - of course winning will dictate that

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jets and Redskins said:

Alot of people signed two year contracts with the jets last year so they had yo renew this year. That is the reason for the buy back this year they are hoping that if they give jets credit for next season people will renew.

Interesting angle and if that is the case I can’t imagine the jets are going to offer the trade back at a substantial loss of the orig ticket value

i have not seen anything published yet but if they offer 50% if the original ticket price, there is no incentive to take the credit and lock in for year 3

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Interesting angle and if that is the case I can’t imagine the jets are going to offer the trade back at a substantial loss of the orig ticket value

i have not seen anything published yet but if they offer 50% if the original ticket price, there is no incentive to take the credit and lock in for year 3

I think the credit is full price and is applied to 2025 invoice. Probably a bunch if service fees attached ala ticketmaster ridiculous fees.

The Jets:
(1) want STH to stick around more than a year or two, so offering the full price buy-back to us makes the idea of being a STH more attractive.
(2) believe strongly that resale of 2024 tickets will bring in more than did the original sale.

As of the moment, I plan to go to all of the games as there aren't any holidays, weddings or other events in the way.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think the credit is full price and is applied to 2025 invoice. Probably a bunch if service fees attached ala ticketmaster ridiculous fees.

The Jets:
(1) want STH to stick around more than a year or two, so offering the full price buy-back to us makes the idea of being a STH more attractive.
(2) believe strongly that resale of 2024 tickets will bring in more than did the original sale.

As of the moment, I plan to go to all of the games as there aren't any holidays, weddings or other events in the way.

Agree with your take makes sense

holloween will be tough for me / grandkids but not sure I would go the trade in route

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

It the original price all the games other then buffalo are priced about the same. You can't trade in preseason or playoff sets

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

The Jets:

This.

5 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

It the original price all the games other then buffalo are priced about the same. You can't trade in preseason or playoff sets

Makes sense

thanks

there were theories going on in other threads that the jets would give you Pennie’s on the dollar for the 3 games and that simply never made any sense to me