Time to bring in a little youth??

Varlo

The average age for our whole 1st team offense is nearly 29 years old!!!!!! I think even with Mangini being a defensive minded coach that we have to address our offense and get some new playmakers on the offensive side of the ball.

I agree.

This draft should be spent building the offense. We need a defensive tackle at some point and maybe an end, but everything else is set defensively.

So how do the Jets replace 10 1/2 sacks, 6 forced fumbles and 10 INT's on a defensive unit that is all set?

So how do the Jets replace 10 1/2 sacks, 6 forced fumbles and 10 INT's on a defensive unit that is all set?

For one thing, once we improve the offense, they won't be on the field 40 minutes a game anymore. That alone would drastically improve the defense. What exactly did the 10 sacks, 10 picks, and 6 forced fumbles get us last year? The fourth pick in the draft is what it got us. Mangini is a defensive minded coach and our secondary is perfectly fine. We have a guy that turned Troy Brown and Randall Gay into good corners that gets to coach a very young, talented secondary. I don't think Law is going to be missed all that much.

In the 3-4, a variety of defenders attack the QB. We are no longer a one-dimensional defensive team that has one guy out of 11 that can get after the QB.

Archived