Ray Lucas on Jets Nation last night

Boozer76

He made an interesting comment on his thoughts about the draft. He felt Cutler was the best QB of the bunch, bnut felt Leinart was the best fit overall for the Jets. He also said he'd like to see us keep the #4 pick and try to trade up with the #29 pick into the mid to late teens. If we could do this, what would we have to give up in compensation and who could we target?

He made an interesting comment on his thoughts about the draft. He felt Cutler was the best QB of the bunch, bnut felt Leinart was the best fit overall for the Jets. He also said he'd like to see us keep the #4 pick and try to trade up with the #29 pick into the mid to late teens. If we could do this, what would we have to give up in compensation and who could we target?

A future pick? Our 2nd round pick? A 3rd and a 4th? Who knows for sure.

Players we could target?

OLB Chad Greenway

OLB DeMaco Ryans

If we don't take Ferguson at 4 then OT Marcus McNeil

RB LenDale White is a possibilty

DT Gabe Watson if we fear someone is going to take him and we're that high on the guy

I wasn't speaking to Lucas' expertise as a QB or evaluator of QB's. I was merely repeating what he said.

I know, I just found it funny that they would ask him of all people about the QBs in the draft. That would be kind of like the Patriots asking Scott Zolak, only Zolak was probably a better qb.

I know, I just found it funny that they would ask him of all people about the QBs in the draft. That would be kind of like the Patriots asking Scott Zolak, only Zolak was probably a better qb.

Stop hijacking my thread! :Cuss:

Jeez am I gonna have to make another thread omitting the mention of Ray Lucas and asking only the question I wanted to know? Damn Thread terrorists!

I already gave you my answer above, if you don't like it, tough.:box:

Take it easy on the Ray Lucas bashing!!! I still where the number 6 with pride! He was a great backup and did a decent job when he got the nod. I still think he could've been an effective QB for someones club. NJ Pride!

Archived