The Many Saints of Newark

Ron Rico

4 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

OK, someone help me out here. Did Ray Liotta play two different characters? I didn't get it when Maltisanti kills his father in the car in the garage and then a scene or two later, he's talking to him again in jail, giving him LP Records and sh*t. 

What gives? What did I miss?

Twin brothers

• Upvote 2

On 11/26/2023 at 6:24 PM, Bugg said:

Twin brothers

My dad grew up in the Ironbound (Down neck), and my mom on Peddie Street, off Frelinghuysen, in Newark. They were both born at the tail end of the Depression, in the 30's. We were in Germany in 1967 and 1968 (my dad was a military contractor) so we missed the "riots". When we came back we bounced around alot between Hillside NJ, Cranford, and Kearny, because my dad worked in Newark. The kids in Kearny were all first and second generation Scotch and Irish, all of them Catholic. Across the Passaic river in Belleville and North Newark were Italian. They were either transplanted from Anthony Imperiale's North Ward (which was actually south of North Newark which borders Belleville), or they were friends and relatives. All the mobsters I knew about were scumbags, like Anthony Provenzano. Not a made man, but was on the payroll, was Bill Carracino, who lived in Union NJ. I knew him. I knew his daughters. He's the idiot responsible for this:

Chemical Control Superfund Site - Wikipedia

He was going to testify against some "goodfellas" and they broke both his legs by slamming a car door shut on them, several time. Just to make themselves clear, they threatened to throw battery acid in one of his daughters face (I had a crush on her). 

Anyway, things fall apart. The center cannot hold. 

• Upvote 2