an update on Fred "ABE JR" Taylor

Jetfan13

Jaguars | F. Taylor ready to move on if necessary

Thu, 13 Apr 2006 06:31:02 -0700

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/2">Bart Hubbuch, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor expects to be back with the team in 2006, but he's ready to move on if necessary. "There are 31 other teams in this league, and I'm good enough to play for somebody," Taylor said this week. "I'm going to do what I need to do to take care of myself, and they're going to do what they have to do to take care of the organization. It's a business. If somebody were to fall into free agency that was better than me, they would snatch him up in a heartbeat, and I would be on the street. I would love to end my career here, but I know how it goes. Emmitt (Smith) wanted to end his career in Dallas, but it doesn't always work out. What someone says can be a lot of hot air, so I'm going to take care of Fred first." Taylor was referring to comments by Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver and head coach Jack Del Rio since the end of last season that indicated Taylor would be welcomed back. As previously reported, Taylor has decided to workout on his own and that move was greeted coolly by Del Rio.

Archived