Sione Vaki, S - Utah

I think, along with a guy like Bowers, Vaki is the type of prospect the Jets would fall in love with at the draft.  Right now most mocks have him in the 3-4 range but he's been steadily climbing since the end of the CFB season.  He's an absolute machine.  No fear in his game, the way he attacks the LOS.  He's like a homing missile.  Also got some time at RB for Utah where he looked pretty damn good.  If we let Whitehead walk, even if we bring back Davis, I think they'll be looking for another safety who can get significant playing time. 

On 1/26/2024 at 5:14 PM, bonkertons said:

I think, along with a guy like Bowers, Vaki is the type of prospect the Jets would fall in love with at the draft.  Right now most mocks have him in the 3-4 range but he's been steadily climbing since the end of the CFB season.  He's an absolute machine.  No fear in his game, the way he attacks the LOS.  He's like a homing missile.  Also got some time at RB for Utah where he looked pretty damn good.  If we let Whitehead walk, even if we bring back Davis, I think they'll be looking for another safety who can get significant playing time. 

Was just telling somebody about him a couple days ago.  Impressive safety who carried the ball 15 times for 158 yards vs Cal.

It's a need so he should get a look.