Favorite players heading in to 2024 college season

Probably around 50 guys I really like but just gonna' throw a few names out here for guys that jumped out at me with some "wow" plays over the past season or two.

Kentucky DL Deone Walker:  Dude has to be a first-round pick.  Listed at 350 and makes plays lined up inside and out.  Have seen him feature a surprisingly good spin move for a guy his size and incredibly difficult to block.  As a Jets fan, can't imagine how amazing it would be to put him next to Quinnen.

Arizona WR Tetairoa McMillan:

If he's still on the board with the Jets on the clock, people will have been fired.  He's a human highlight reel of catches and has enough juice to win plenty of foot races.

Ole Miss Edge Princely Umanmielen:

Edge rusher who has transferred to Ole Miss and looked like a monster two years ago and has only gotten better.  Likely another round 1 pick.

Mizzou WR Luther Burden:

Electric play maker with great hands.

Miami QB Cam Ward:

Was my favorite QB entering last season and I thought he'd come out this year.  Decided to tranfer and head to Miami.  Can run, make every throw, use tough or velocity and protects the ball.  HUGE fan of this guy.

Kentucky WR Barrion Brown: Another receiver and another Kentucky product.  First popped up on the radar in 2022 and projected by some to be yet another first round WR.

Oklahoma WR Nic Anderson: Incredible footwork for a guy listed at 6' 3''.  Thin frame but should be able to get open and make plays.

UNC LB Power Echols:

Big time hitter who shows very good awareness which has led to back-to-back 103 tackle seasons.

NC State DL Davin Vann: Nice combo of power and motor.  Can probably play inside and out.

TCE WR John Paul Richardson: Some of the best hands in the country and skill set to be a very good slot.

Iowa TE Luke Lachey:  The next great Iowa TE?  Missed tons of time due to injury in 2023 so hoping for a big bounce back season.

Some good names.  I'm most interested in watching the QBs.  Mainly one you mentioned - Ward, along with Shedeur and Leonard.  I think Shedeur is probably the most interesting prospect in all of college football right now.  If being surrounded by talent translates to him balling out, he should be a lock for 1st overall next year.  Leonard could also enter that territory with a big year at Notre Dame.

The QB class doesn't look too special right now but there is a lot of upside there for that to change.  Shedeur, Leonard, Ward, Ewers, Allar, Beck.  Some interesting names for sure and a handful of guys who could really break out and shoot up draft boards.  Considering the Jets needs and Rodgers' future, this will be an intriguing class to watch for Jets fans.

My gut still says, if Rodgers stays healthy and has a strong year - they'll give Travis one more year of development and then look to draft a QB in 2026(Arch year) - but that could all easily change depending on who is on the board and how high we are on him.  

14 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Some good names.  I'm most interested in watching the QBs.  Mainly one you mentioned - Ward, along with Shedeur and Leonard.  I think Shedeur is probably the most interesting prospect in all of college football right now.  If being surrounded by talent translates to him balling out, he should be a lock for 1st overall next year.  Leonard could also enter that territory with a big year at Notre Dame.

The QB class doesn't look too special right now but there is a lot of upside there for that to change.  Shedeur, Leonard, Ward, Ewers, Allar, Beck.  Some interesting names for sure and a handful of guys who could really break out and shoot up draft boards.  Considering the Jets needs and Rodgers' future, this will be an intriguing class to watch for Jets fans.

My gut still says, if Rodgers stays healthy and has a strong year - they'll give Travis one more year of development and then look to draft a QB in 2026(Arch year) - but that could all easily change depending on who is on the board and how high we are on him.  

Agreed.  I've already decided I'm going to watch more QB's this year than I did last year when I knew an early QB was out of the question.

I love Ward but also want to see how Jalon Daniels out of Kansas looks.  He was on my "short list" last year and ended up missing most of the year with a back injury.  If he's all the way back and keeps playing well then I think he could be an early rounder.

Shedeur is interesting given the fact we just saw Spencer Rattler fall in the draft for the way he acted in HS and we've got Shedeur going on social media to tell former teammates he has no idea who they are.  Not sure some teams won't take notice.