Corley is not an undersized slot WR

2 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

I thought the narrative was that he was a short little yac demon

The narrative is that he wasn’t asked to do much past the line of scrimmage (tons of screens and underneath stuff) in college so he needs to learn to run actual routes - which he has acknowledged in interviews.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Stephen Hill

Devin Smith

Ardarius Stewart

Denzel Mims (aka Mimsy)

Elijah Moore

Malachi Corley

At least they took him later. Those second round busts hurt. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I don't think a single person has declared him "undersized." He's a monster with the ball in his hands.

He's just kind of unrefined as a route runner and there are questions about his hands in traffic given how much his workload was near the LOS.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to Wilson & Corley along with Williams and Breece marching us down the field with quick hit screens, RPO's and go balls as this video points out is what Rodgers usually favors. I know it was posted here last year pointing out how Rodgers hates throwing over the middle. Wilson and Williams will feast on those 20+ yard sideline go balls while Breece and Corley will churn out yards on the ground and with screens.

We were just as excited when the Jets drafted Elijah Moore and Mims and most of the other #2 picks so let’s not start sucking each others -  well u guys know - until he makes a pro bowl or 2. I’m gonna hold off on getting his jersey for at least until he catches a few TD’s in games that count. 

• WTF? 2

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well he runs a 4.56 so he not running by anyone on the outside.

Another false narrative about Corley. "He’s hit 23 MPH on the GPS and clocked a 4.43 40-yard dash. His 4.08 shuttle time and 355-pound bench also are excellent."

• Upvote 2

It’s interesting to me -and not in a good way- that the only “starter” the Jets drafted this year is also the only draft pick who hasn’t signed. These things generally go quickly, especially once you’re out of the first round, because the contract values are set by the league. I don’t know what the delay might be. This is the rookie who is line to be the biggest contributor from the class, I’d like to see his deal done today. 

13 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s interesting to me -and not in a good way- that the only “starter” the Jets drafted this year is also the only draft pick who hasn’t signed. These things generally go quickly, especially once you’re out of the first round, because the contract values are set by the league. I don’t know what the delay might be. This is the rookie who is line to be the biggest contributor from the class, I’d like to see his deal done today. 

Wonder if it’s b/c he’s the first pick in round 3 and the agent wants 2nd round money.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, HessStation said:

I would listen to that poster, Justin Fudge, on prospects. He seems to know what he’s talking about for some reason. 

I found Corley watching his QB, Austin Reed.  A non-traditional WR, lots of gimmicky routes, everything at or around the LOS but there are some routes he runs that are pretty damn smooth too but it was stuff he was running 5 wide and outside of the hash marks on a college field and nobody in the NFL defends the hash marks like the way his competition did and this was CUSA level of comp ie; the worst of the worst.  Its why he was able to run through or around everyone and was the "YAC king", his film his fun to watch but some of the tackling and the way teams try to defend that offense, was laughable.  

He has a massive learning curve ahead of him, like, gigantic.  As I've mentioned, it's not just the typical rookie stuff (and this dude worked hard and reshaped his body during the predraft process so who knows how fast he's going to hit the proverbial rookie wall) but also, the playbook, the level of comp, the route tree he'll need to develop, etc. are huge hills to climb.  And he may just be able to handle it all in stride and have a great career but I would temper your expectations for him as a rookie.  This is NOT, a Deebo Samuel and he's not a Brock Bowers "replacement" or whatever, both are very unfair comps and going to set fans up for major disappointment.   The better comp is a smaller, Laviska Shenault. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

The better comp is a smaller, Laviska Shenault. 

I’ll take 600 yards and 5 TDs in Corley’s rookie year, too, and see where it goes from there. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1