Rempe - The Boerboel

OOh, what kind of Dog is that?

Dog People: That is Lord Manfred of Trippleberry the Third! He is a pure bred tea-cup toy Staffordshire Terrier, an AKC certified blue-ribbon descendant of Lord Hipple and Lady Magenta, winner of the 1943 British Dog Show and best of Show! He is pure bred, brindle and tan, with a certificate of authentic breeding triple stamped and certified. 

Ooh, what breed of Cat do you have?

Cat people: That's Dusty. He's an a$$hole I found in the alley by the dumpster. He's a... Cat.

😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

How does that breed handle extreme heat? My Bully latest 10 minutes in the 95 degree heat and she waved the white flag 😅

The heat takes it's toll on him, but they were bread to handle hot and cold weather. Yesterday he really trooped it on the hike. We went up pretty high in the mountains. When we got to the top and he saw the only way down was to go back the way we came, he started booking it down this little winding path. He conked out for a bit halfway down. He rested a while but then he caught his second wind and finished the down hill trek strong. You can see he was all energized down in the spring at the end, but he passed out in the truck ride home. He sleeps allot, most of his energy goes to growing right now.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TBJ said:

The heat takes it's toll on him, but they were bread to handle hot and cold weather. Yesterday he really trooped it on the hike. We went up pretty high in the mountains. When we got to the top and he saw the only way down was to go back the way we came, he started booking it down this little winding path. He conked out for a bit halfway down. He rested a while but then he caught his second wind and finished the down hill trek strong. You can see he was all energized down in the spring at the end, but he passed out in the truck ride home. He sleeps allot, most of his energy goes to growing right now.

That's cool. The Bullmastiff was bred for the weather of England. They just can't take the heat. Thankfully I don't need her to roam the property. She's my first line of defense inside the house. Remington 870 Express with double aught buck is number #2. My Glock 19 is #3.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

That's cool. The Bullmastiff was bred for the weather of England. They just can't take the heat. Thankfully I don't need her to roam the property. She's my first line of defense inside the house. Remington 870 Express with double aught buck is number #2. My Glock 19 is #3.

I hear that, going to start hanging some of these around my property. I pitty the zombies in the apocalypse if they can't read.

1718579418409.jpg

Screenshot_20240528-140217.png

Screenshot_20240528-135650.png

Screenshot_20240528-135615.png

Screenshot_20240528-135559.png

Screenshot_20240528-135538.png

Screenshot_20240528-135526.png

Someone told me that if you post "beware of dog" type posters it proves your dog is a threat and if someone not intending hard is mauled by your dog then you are in for a massive lawsuit. Not sure how true that is but is look into it.

I don't post any signs. If you enter my house uninvited with my Bully barking like crazy then that's on you, lol.

20240516_182514.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Someone told me that if you post "beware of dog" type posters it proves your dog is a threat and if someone not intending hard is mauled by your dog then you are in for a massive lawsuit. Not sure how true that is but is look into it.

I don't post any signs. If you enter my house uninvited with my Bully barking like crazy then that's on you, lol.

20240516_182514.jpg

I don't buy that, the signs are a warning. Nobody has any business coming on my property uninvited.

They are a deterent to thieves, most crooks will just go elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TBJ said:

I don't buy that, the signs are a warning. Nobody has any business coming on my property uninvited.

They are a deterent to thieves, most crooks will just go elsewhere. 

I'm with you but why even give them a warning 😅

Just now, bicketybam said:

I'm with you but why even give them a warning 😅

Like I said, it's a deterent. I'm out a lot with Rempe.

I may end up getting another one and have them take shifts. 😂

1 hour ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Thank you for sharing these! He's an awesome dog. And you're socializing him and he looks like he's settling into protecting the old homestead. Has he gone into the water for a dip?

Thanks, he is doing great, he is good with people and animals.

So far only in the creeks where he can stand, but he lays down in them.

If I went in the lakes, he would probably go with me, no luck getting him in the pool yet.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2024 at 4:12 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

OOh, what kind of Dog is that?

Dog People: That is Lord Manfred of Trippleberry the Third! He is a pure bred tea-cup toy Staffordshire Terrier, an AKC certified blue-ribbon descendant of Lord Hipple and Lady Magenta, winner of the 1943 British Dog Show and best of Show! He is pure bred, brindle and tan, with a certificate of authentic breeding triple stamped and certified. 

Ooh, what breed of Cat do you have?

Cat people: That's Dusty. He's an a$$hole I found in the alley by the dumpster. He's a... Cat.

😁

• Haha 1