Tua locked up by the fins

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tua isn't worthy of that contract imo but I completely understand why the Dolphins gave it to him.  He probably can't win you the big postseason games (wasn't he throwing wounded ducks at the end of the playoff game in KC?) but he can put up flashy regular numbers and help Miami be a really fun team to watch.  If they can somehow get a home playoff game (or games) or at least play in the warm weather, they could potentially be trouble though.  

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

I think it would make sense to pay a Tua type QB if you were in the NFC.  The path to the Superbowl is far less challenging.  Winning it is another thing, but any given Sunday.

In a conference with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hebert, Stroud, Lawrence and Jackson.  Plus, an old stalwart like Rodgers, Tua has a weak grasp on being the 10th best physically gifted AFC QB.  Let's see how Maye and Richardson develop.  

I think it would have made more sense to let him play out and tag him until you get a guy that might be able to compete with those QBs.  

11 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

I think it would make sense to pay a Tua type QB if you were in the NFC.  The path to the Superbowl is far less challenging.  Winning it is another thing, but any given Sunday.

In a conference with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hebert, Stroud, Lawrence and Jackson.  Plus, an old stalwart like Rodgers, Tua has a weak grasp on being the 10th best physically gifted AFC QB.  Let's see how Maye and Richardson develop.  

I think it would have made more sense to let him play out and tag him until you get a guy that might be able to compete with those QBs.  

It sounded like his contract is basically 3 years.  They didn't really have anyone for this year to replace him and next year's draft I think is supposed to be weak for QBs.  That gives them a couple of years to try to figure out their situation.  Of course, 3 years is a lifetime in the NFL.  The Tyreek situation probably won't be the same for them by then.  The only teams you can even hope to predict any kind of long term success for are ones that have FQBs.

• Upvote 1