My Evaluation of every Jets head coach since I started watching

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I've always wondered how Rex would have done with a better, veteran QB.  He definitely overachieved those first two years with Sanchez, although the team was loaded on the OL and supercharged in 2010 with Braylon, Santonio Holmes, Ladainian Tomlinson, etc.  It was all downhill after that.  But again, he went from one rookie in Sanchez to basically another in Geno Smith.

It seems like Rex and his brand of coaching (and complete ignorance of the offense) could work with this team this year but who knows.

I’ve heard this point made a lot. I’d counter it by saying the Jets probably win a few more regular season games but does it really matter? 

The Jets almost certainly win the division in the 2009 with a veteran QB (Pats were only 10-6 that year), but would have still ended up playing Indy in the AFCCG. Sanchez played well in that game and it was the defense that lost it. 

In 2010 Pats won 14 games. I doubt the Jets are winning that division even with a better QB. Once again Sanchez was money throughout the playoffs and the defense blew it in Pittsburgh. 

This team? I think Rex would utilize DJ Reed and Sauce in 1 on 1 a lot more and blitz the living sh*t out of teams. It remains to be seen how that would work. His ground and pound offensive approach would be problematic as this running game stinks.