Robert Saleh: "AR8 is obviously up and down"

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

The staff should be gone b/c they can’t figure out how to run the ball.  How many more people do they need to bring in to fix the offense?  Lazard, williams, Conklin, 3 guys on the line.  2 rbs who seem to be competent.  The offense scoring all of 14 points in the first quarters of 5 games is a damning stat.  The team always starts slow.  There were many games in recent years where the defense gave up a long drive td to start the game.  Now the offense is all but guaranteed 3 and outs in 1st quarter possessions.  The bills game feels like their last stand.  If they can muster a win and get to 3-3 with a 2-0 divisional record maybe there’s hope.  If they lose for whatever reason i think we’re going to start reading whispers of Rodgers retiring and then the coaches have nowhere else to hide.  Rodgers leaves, the coaches get gutted, tyrod leaves and the team now will need a new gm/hc/qb.  The only thing that changes is that i get older. 

Amen, brother. Amen. 

35 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I think we’re seeing this is how the Jets tried to sell it to him, and early in the games we’re seeing this script play out, Rodgers go along with it, and the offense go no where.

They have no idea how to run the ball, this like you said, then Rodgers trying to take over.

It’s a total systematic failure and I’m not giving Rodgers the benefit of the doubt either, just that he’s trying to over compensate for so much more than he is capable at this point in his career.

Why are so many people bending themselves into a pretzel making excuses for Rodgers?

Take away the game against a decimated Patriots team, and he’s putting up Zach type numbers. Even if you count that game, 7TDs and 4 ints in 4 games is horrible.

He isn’t going deep, he can’t move in the pocket, and teams know it. Our running game doesn’t stand a chance.

At the end of the last two games he’s looked like a beaten boxer trying to survive the last round of a fight just to salvage his pride.

I’m so tired of hearing “the WRs need time to get on the same page with him”. Anyone who thinks an immobile 41yo QB is going to look better as a season goes along is fooling themselves.

33 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Why are so many people bending themselves into a pretzel making excuses for Rodgers?

Take away the game against a decimated Patriots team, and he’s putting up Zach type numbers. Even if you count that game, 7TDs and 4 ints in 4 games is horrible.

He isn’t going deep, he can’t move in the pocket, and teams know it. Our running game doesn’t stand a chance.

At the end of the last two games he’s looked like a beaten boxer trying to survive the last round of a fight just to salvage his pride.

I’m so tired of hearing “the WRs need time to get on the same page with him”. Anyone who thinks an immobile 41yo QB is going to look better as a season goes along is fooling themselves.

Unlike you, I don’t takeaway things that have happened.

I don’t think he’s needs more time with WRs either.

There is no pretzel making.

He’s old, it was supposed to be a completely offense. It’s not, they try to run the ball early, can’t, and then are left with an old man trying to carry them.

• Upvote 1