Jets rewind

jets22

I just re-watched the Bills game on DVR, few things I noticed. Drew Coleman doesn't look to bad for a late round pick, plays well on special teams, seems to always be around the ball. Seems that R. Moore clogs the middle when in at NT, had a decent push on losman's pick to Barrett. I know he isn't great but seems to be doing a bit better then D-Rob. Also like the way the D uses just about every one off the bench and keeps mixing up personel. I know they have a lot of improving to do, but looks to me like they are on the right track. Leon Washington has the potential to be a big play spark, he has quick moves and he is fast!! they need to let him run more, I know he is small and not a great blocker, but if you use TE Ryan as an H-back more he can help with the blocking. besides our ground game sucks so far anyway, why not give Leon a shot. and last......as stated by many, Kerry Rhodes is a Beast. Comments ??

::GoJets:

I agree with all you're points & don't think washington is an every down back but gives a real spark when used at the right times. I'm on board with running back by committee.

I still can't say I love the 3-4 but I am not about to 2nd guess this coaching staff. did you see ryan & baker's blocking skills?

why the Jolley trade was great

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KERRY RHODES

for those that forgot

the Jets used one of those "useless" extra 6th rounders to trade up in the 4th round and snag Kerry Rhodes away from such teams as NE and BAL who were reportedly drooling for Rhodes

here we are two years later and Doug Jolley is long snapping for the Bucs... but the Jets have a future all Pro in Kerry Rhodes

Kerry Rhodes - a guy who does nothing but make game changing plays every single week!

our biggest defensive playmaker - a stud safety - probably the most difficult position to scout other than QB

and who knows it probably wouldn't have happened without the Doug Jolley trade

I think we would have gotten him anyway. And we'd have gotten Heath Miller and maybe signed a FA Kicker instead of Nugent.

no kidding even if we didn't get miller, we could have drafted someone with first round talent. That Jolly trade was aweful no matter how you slice it , FO blew that one . Don't think it would have changed us getting Rhodes either way .

no kidding even if we didn't get miller, we could have drafted someone with first round talent. That Jolly trade was aweful no matter how you slice it , FO blew that one . Don't think it would have changed us getting Rhodes either way .

2-2 go over and read the thread-he explains how NE and somebody else had worked him out and were chomping at the bit to draft him if we hadn't pulled the trigger first

2-2 go over and read the thread-he explains how NE and somebody else had worked him out and were chomping at the bit to draft him if we hadn't pulled the trigger first

I hear ya .....Have no problem with where they drafted him, just really hated that Jolly deal from the minute it happen ....just my opinion . But if Rhodes is a by product of the deal then ok.

:beer_Orcish:

Archived