Sean Avery is a P****

madmike1

Avery has been a Ranger for 2 Ranger-Devil games, and he has bumped Brodeur 4 times in the 2 games, Marty got sick of it and pushed Avery. Avery couldn't take what he dishes out every night and pushed Marty back. Marty put on an Oscar-like performance flop(thankfully not hitting his head on the crossbar) and Avery got an extra 2 mins.

Bottom line is the Devils won.....again.

Rangers need Jagr to start scoring goals with Shanahan out if they want to stay in the race for the 8 spot in the East.

no not when marty retires probably next year, the peguins are 7 points out of 1st place right now only in crosbys 2nd years, malkins 1st, and staals 1st also, and this is fleurys first year starting.
lots of teams have had good players in that division in years past and the devils were still the devils. (not that the devils don't have good young players who will be around for a while too.)

lots of teams have had good players in that division in years past and the devils were still the devils. (not that the devils don't have good young players who will be around for a while too.)

What happened the last time the two teams played? The Pens are the best team in the NHL right now. Hands down.

What happened the last time the two teams played? The Pens are the best team in the NHL right now. Hands down.
The last time they played the devils lost by a goal and the pens only won because of a few lucky bounce goals... The devils were right in that game and they have beaten the pens 3 times this year already. Are they hot? Yes. Are the devils better then them? Yes.

The last time they played the devils lost by a goal and the pens only won because of a few lucky bounce goals... The devils were right in that game and they have beaten the pens 3 times this year already. Are they hot? Yes. Are the devils better then them? Yes.

We'll see come playoff time.

I don't fear the pens in the playoffs AT ALL. The devils know all about hotshot forwards in the playoffs and they never do anything against us.

Well you won't just have to deal with one. You'll have to deal with 2 lines of them that do nothing but score. And a goalie that is much improved. The Devils have Brodeur yes, but he looked human against the Pens. And to be honest, the Devils really cannot outscore the Penguins on a nightly basis. No one but the Sabres have this season base on the goals for average for the entire NHL.

Well you won't just have to deal with one. You'll have to deal with 2 lines of them that do nothing but score. And a goalie that is much improved. The Devils have Brodeur yes, but he looked human against the Pens. And to be honest, the Devils really cannot outscore the Penguins on a nightly basis. No one but the Sabres have this season base on the goals for average for the entire NHL.

If you think they will avg that in the playoffs you're nuts and the devils have enough offense to hang with anyone they just play a different game. This is the best offensive team the devils have had in YEARS. I'll take my chances against a young inexperienced team like the pens any day of the week. they will have no idea what to do with the devils in the playoffs.

And as far as peanltys are concerned you sure you need to tell the DEVILS (the no 1 team in the NHL in fewest PIM and 5th in the NHL in PK and BY FAR the least PP goals allowed) to stay out of the box?

If you think they will avg that in the playoffs you're nuts and the devils have enough offense to hang with anyone they just play a different game. This is the best offensive team the devils have had in YEARS. I'll take my chances against a young inexperienced team like the pens any day of the week. they will have no idea what to do with the devils in the playoffs.

And as far as peanltys are concerned you sure you need to tell the DEVILS (the no 1 team in the NHL in fewest PIM and 5th in the NHL in PK and BY FAR the least PP goals allowed) to stay out of the box?

If this is the best offesnive team the Devils have had in years that isn't saying much sine they don't even average 3 goals a game. I'll take the young and inexperienced team in the playoffs, especially hockey, because they will play with reckless abandon and score a lot goals.

That's all well and good on the penalties, but you can only contain the talent the Penguins have for so long until you have to start holding and tripping and whatnot. you play the Penguins and their speed you're going to get penalties. And pens will take advantage of that.

If this is the best offesnive team the Devils have had in years that isn't saying much sine they don't even average 3 goals a game. I'll take the young and inexperienced team in the playoffs, especially hockey, because they will play with reckless abandon and score a lot goals.

That's all well and good on the penalties, but you can only contain the talent the Penguins have for so long until you have to start holding and tripping and whatnot. you play the Penguins and their speed you're going to get penalties. And pens will take advantage of that.

You just made 2 of the most moronic statements i've seen and you obviously know as much about hockey as you do about baseball.

1 The devils GGA means NOTHING.

2 LOL @ You'll take the young inexperienced team. LMAO

You just made 2 of the most moronic statements i've seen and you obviously know as much about hockey as you do about baseball.

1 The devils GGA means NOTHING.

2 LOL @ You'll take the young inexperienced team. LMAO

Why does the Devils GGA mean nothing? The fact they score less than 3 goals per game is pretty significant if you ask me.

And yes I'll take the young inexperienced team. There are plenty of examples of the young inexperienced teams out there. We'll just have to wait and see.

Why does the Devils GGA mean nothing? The fact they score less than 3 goals per game is pretty significant if you ask me.

And yes I'll take the young inexperienced team. There are plenty of examples of the young inexperienced teams out there. We'll just have to wait and see.

If you knew anything about the way the devils play you would know that their GGA is meaningless. The way they play makes for less scoring chances and their Dmen hardly ever join the rush. They don't need to score as many goals as other teams do.

If you knew anything about the way the devils play you would know that their GGA is meaningless. The way they play makes for less scoring chances and their Dmen hardly ever join the rush. They don't need to score as many goals as other teams do.

Well the other night against the Pens they need to score 7 because they let up 6. That didn't happen. If they have to pay the Penguins in the playoffs they are going to have to do much better than 2.80 goals per game.

Well the other night against the Pens they need to score 7 because they let up 6. That didn't happen. If they have to pay the Penguins in the playoffs they are going to have to do much better than 2.80 goals per game.
You didn't watch that game so you're just talking out of your ass. The devils lost 5-4 and only cause the pens scored 2 goals on lucky deflections off devil players' bodies and another on a fluke 20 ft slap shot. One game proves nothing.

You didn't watch that game so you're just talking out of your ass. The devils lost 5-4 and only cause the pens scored 2 goals on lucky deflections off devil players' bodies and another on a fluke 20 ft slap shot. One game proves nothing.

I most certainly did watch that game. I just mistakenly forgot it was 5-4. the Pens just lost a 6-5 game and I transposed them in my memory. Goals are goals and one game does prove nothing. But the last 17 games of the Penguins have proven a lot.

I most certainly did watch that game. I just mistakenly forgot it was 5-4. the Pens just lost a 6-5 game and I transposed them in my memory. Goals are goals and one game does prove nothing. But the last 17 games of the Penguins have proven a lot.
you mean like what the devils have been proving over the past 13 years?

Would be just like a Yankee fan to bring up the past. And it isn't like the Pens have been some chump team the last 15 years either.
The past you mean like how the devils are 7 points better then the pens RIGHT NOW and have a winning

record vs them this year lol.

The past you mean like how the devils are 7 points better then the pens RIGHT NOW and have a winning

record vs them this year lol.

The past how the Penguins are 14-1-2 in their last 17 games including a win over the Devils. No one wants to play the Penguins in the playoffs right now. no one.

The past how the Penguins are 14-1-2 in their last 17 games including a win over the Devils. No one wants to play the Penguins in the playoffs right now. no one.

You're WAY overrating 17 games pal. The Pen are a good young team but the Devils would destroy them if they ever played in the playoffs.

and even with a run like that, they are STILL 7 points behind the Devils. are the Penguins a good, young up and coming team? yes. are they a better team come playoff time than the Devils? no...not yet.

It's amazing how little resepct the devils get around the NHL...

they're too boring!!! they can't even sell out their building!!! they have their parade in the parking lot!!!

that's all I hear...yes, it has been very boring winning 3 cups over the past 12 years...and I'd rather have a parade in a parking lot, than not have a parade at all, or 1 in 67 years ;)

Archived