Just throwing a name out there I havn't heard brought up yet...

Antwan Peek.

He will be an unrestricted free agent, 4 years experience and although he played DE in the 4-3 this season was a pretty decent OLB in the 3-4 Texans scheme prior to Kubiak coming in. His best season was when he played and started in all 16 games, recording 47 tackles along with 6 sacks while forcing 2 fumbles as well.

Now, with Hobson most likely to re-sign, I do not believe we would be going after Peek or any OLB in FA unless of course we do plan to trade Jonathan Vilma OR release Eric Barton so then we could slide Hobson into the inside. Peek would be a less expensive (by far) and a younger option than Adalius Thomas.

Any interest from any of you if the Jets do decide to part ways with Vilma and or Barton?

Antwan Peek.

He will be an unrestricted free agent, 4 years experience and although he played DE in the 4-3 this season was a pretty decent OLB in the 3-4 Texans scheme prior to Kubiak coming in. His best season was when he played and started in all 16 games, recording 47 tackles along with 6 sacks while forcing 2 fumbles as well.

Now, with Hobson most likely to re-sign, I do not believe we would be going after Peek or any OLB in FA unless of course we do plan to trade Jonathan Vilma OR release Eric Barton so then we could slide Hobson into the inside. Peek would be a less expensive (by far) and a younger option than Adalius Thomas.

Any interest from any of you if the Jets do decide to part ways with Vilma and or Barton?

He might be younger and cheaper then Thomas but Thomas is a game wrecker and Peek hasn't shown to be close to that kind of guy.

Archived