Kendall's Tales

glenn212

Kendall meets GM, mouth still motors

BY RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, July 30th 2007, 4:00 AM

Disgruntled guard Pete Kendall spent 90 minutes in the principal's office Saturday night, meeting with Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum. If Tannenbaum asked him to stop ripping the organization, it didn't work.

Kendall, trying to facilitate his release by raising hell, continued his mudslinging yesterday. He claimed that coaches and players have privately expressed their support for him in his acrimonious contract battle against management.

"Coaches and players - people in the building - have expressed to me that they hope I get what I'm looking for, what I want," said Kendall, not naming names. "More than a few have expressed that they don't necessarily agree with what's going on."

Later, speaking to the Daily News, he hinted that Eric Mangini conveyed frustration with his own contract situation during a private meeting in March.

"He told me a lot of things (in confidence)," said Kendall, who sat out yesterday's afternoon session with an apparent leg injury that doesn't appear serious. "He sounded empathetic to my situation. I don't want to go much further than that right now."

Asked specifically if Mangini mentioned his own contract situation, Kendall replied, "He said he understands how players have it, and that he's had frustrations." He declined to elaborate.

Mangini is in the second season of a four-year, $7 million contract from the Jets. His predecessor, Herm Edwards, received a new contract after making the playoffs in his first season. When Mangini made the playoffs last season, it fueled speculation that owner Woody Johnson, following the Edwards precedent, would give his coach a new deal. But it's believed that Mangini still has his original contract, making him one of the lowest-paid coaches in the NFL.

Asked about Kendall's intimation, Mangini, through a team spokesman, said, "There's nothing to it."

Kendall said he has considered leaving the team, but he doesn't want to be fined $14,000 a day.

HAHA..This is beyond fiction..So Eric Mangini sat down with Pete Kendall and complained about his contract...hahahahaha. Me thinks Mr. Kendall has reached the panic stage!!

Archived