Post Draft AFC East Positional Rankings

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I guess they consider the duo of Mostert & Archane above Breece Hall & two rookies and Izzy

No issues with that. Breece is better than both. But they have two proven RB.

I'm pretty much ok with each of those rankings. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

No issues with that. Breece is better than both. But they have two proven RB.

I'm pretty much ok with each of those rankings. 

So splitting carries between two slightly above average backs is better than giving the load to the best in the NFL?

You would trade RB rooms with them if you could?

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Jerod Mayo doesn't have a track record yet as a HC so it's not really fair to compare him to anyone just yet.  But Saleh is definitely behind McDermott and McDaniel.

Saleh for Mayo straight up.  😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

We have the best RB in the NFL but dolphins are #1? 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I guess they consider the duo of Mostert & Archane above Breece Hall & two rookies and Izzy

Believe both of these to be true:

• Mostert, Achane, Jaylen Wright and McDaniels running scheme is pretty dangerous
  • Breece Hall is better than all three, the best RB in the league and our offensive line (barring Metlife swallows them up like Shai Hulud) is, on paper, better

Bigger picture; I love that we're bottom of the division in the Safety rankings. Big change from the "Adams/Maye" days when we were 4 in all of these rankings but #1 for safety.

Also, I respect McDermott, but I don't think he's better than Saleh. I think he's had Josh Allen - if the two men changed teams the past several seasons, I believe the results would've been the same.

Mike McDaniel is the best coach in this division.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Jets might have the worst coaching staff.

Is Hunter Henry really better than Tyler Conklin?

In most comparisons, I’d weight the starter 70%, if not a bit more.  Tough for Miami to have the better RB using that weighting.  If Miami splits their carries more equally, then weight it that way for them but Breece Hall will get 70% of the carries.

Running scheme is a different question.  Dolphins Offensive coaching is superior.

What GM in their right mind would take the Dolphins RB pair over the Jets?

Don’t know enough about the comparison LBs or Safeties.  I think Mosley is overrated and our Safeties are underrated.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Jets might have the worst coaching staff.

I'm sure the only reason BJF ranked the Jets' CS 3rd is because Mayo is a 1st time HC and thus unproven.  But I agree he still might be better than Saleh (and their staff in general might be better than ours).

• Upvote 1

Miami drafted Jaylen Wright, RB out of Tennessee. He's legit. Adding a stud RB to a passing offense that was #1 last year with Waddle and Tyreek, is kinda scary (at least to me). Miami could very easily have the top offense this season. It's a good thing the Jets will have the top defense.....

Edit: and they just added OBJ to Waddle and Tyreek....

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Miami drafted Jaylen Wright, RB out of Tennessee. He's legit. Adding a stud RB to a passing offense that was #1 last year with Waddle and Tyreek, is kinda scary (at least to me). Miami could very easily have the top offense this season. It's a good thing the Jets will have the top defense.....

Sure but I believe the spirit of the ranking is to rank the position groups on a level playing field.

When you factor in coaching and how the WRs open up their offense, I’m with you.

But on a standalone comparison of proven NFL RBs, Breece Hall stands #1 in the AFC East a year removed from his injury.  Has a legit chance to lead the NFL in total yards from scrimmage as he enters his Prime.  

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree except the following:

1- Jets are #1 for RB and Dolphins are 2

2- Saleh is the #2 coach and McDaniel is #3.

McDaniel is the medicated version of Gase. 

As far as the ranking they seem fair. Until they see what Allen can do with the new oline and old ass Rodgers the Fins have the best RB set as well as WR group but that could easily flip and the Jets could have the best combo at both. 

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Believe both of these to be true:

• Mostert, Achane, Jaylen Wright and McDaniels running scheme is pretty dangerous
  • Breece Hall is better than all three, the best RB in the league and our offensive line (barring Metlife swallows them up like Shai Hulud) is, on paper, better

Bigger picture; I love that we're bottom of the division in the Safety rankings. Big change from the "Adams/Maye" days when we were 4 in all of these rankings but #1 for safety.

Also, I respect McDermott, but I don't think he's better than Saleh. I think he's had Josh Allen - if the two men changed teams the past several seasons, I believe the results would've been the same.

Mike McDaniel is the best coach in this division.

Guys Saleh might be the worst HC in the NFL and I’m being dead ass serious.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Best not to take these rankings with much credence.  The jets have yet to play a down with their new offensive lineup so it stands to reason why two teams that made the playoffs the past two seasons should be ranked higher.  But unless saleh really messes up the jets should win the east.  Of course, and as usual, the jets talk a lot and start believing what they read from their esteemed beat reporters.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

As far as the AFC (which is more what I'm concerned with), I'd love to know which HC's (leaving out rookies like Brian Callahan and Jerod Mayo, since they have no track record) people think Saleh is better than.  Honestly, I don't think I'd put Saleh above any of them.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/list-of-current-nfl-head-coaches/

image.thumb.png.5e158b586c3b5fc3a28161523a351bd4.png

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree except the following:

1- Jets are #1 for RB and Dolphins are 2

2- Saleh is the #2 coach and McDaniel is #3.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As far as the AFC (which is more what I'm concerned with), I'd love to know which HC's (leaving out rookies like Brian Callahan and Jerod Mayo, since they have no track record) people think Saleh is better than.  Honestly, I don't think I'd put Saleh above any of them.

Sadly, outside of Pierce also, none. 

Saleh has managed to Iean into his defensive strengths for that side of the ball.  Do I fault him for the offense?   I do not have my finger on the pulse of the Jets' inner workings, but he seems to be victim to the GM miscues and a bum achilles.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Best not to take these rankings with much credence. 

Any JN "Ranking" or "Power Ranking" thread is really just a "Jets Are The Clear Best, and if they're not listed that way, then We're Mad About It!" Thread in disguise.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

12 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

We have the best RB in the NFL but dolphins are #1? 

We defintley have the best RB in the division, but the unit after him is a complete unknown. The dolphins, have a few proven guys. I can see the argument for the dolphins in that department....

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Sadly, outside of Pierce also, none. 

Saleh has managed to Iean into his defensive strengths for that side of the ball.  Do I fault him for the offense?   I do not have my finger on the pulse of the Jets' inner workings, but he seems to be victim to the GM miscues and a bum achilles.

I thought Pierce had a really good first year (especially considering he took over mid-season).  He even beat Saleh head-to-head!

But he is essentially still a rookie HC so we do have to see how that plays out.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Nah, I don’t think you’re serious. 

ben carson t GIF

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@RedBeardedSavage Who do you rank Saleh ahead of in the AFC right now?  (let's leave out Mayo and Callahan since they're rookies).

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@RedBeardedSavage Who do you rank Saleh ahead of in the AFC right now?  (let's leave out Mayo and Callahan since they're rookies).

There's a group @ the top: Andy Reid, i think Sean Payton (but eh, life without Brees has been rough), & the Harbaugh brothers

Then there are dudes like McDaniel & Stefanski that I think could get there, but haven't earned it yet.

Then there is everyone else, which is where I see Saleh.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

People said that about belicheck before TB came along too. The QB will make the HC look much better...or much worse. 

• Upvote 2

and for the record...................who the hell do people think Josh Allen is going to be throwing to this year? lol He is not doing to look the same fellas, the Bills are regressing and lost a lot of people to free agency and cut downs for salary. Their window has about a nano second left in it. Every team has a window, they missed their shot. 

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought Pierce had a really good first year (especially considering he took over mid-season).  He even beat Saleh head-to-head!

But he is essentially still a rookie HC so we do have to see how that plays out.  

That is what I was thinking.  It is on him now.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets QB is 3 possibly 4.

Tua is absolutely better than Rodgers right now.  It's also very possible Maye is playing at a higher level the second half of the year.

You're trying way too hard. 

• Upvote 1

There's a group @ the top: Andy Reid, i think Sean Payton (but eh, life without Brees has been rough), & the Harbaugh brothers
Then there are dudes like McDaniel & Stefanski that I think could get there, but haven't earned it yet.
Then there is everyone else, which is where I see Saleh.
There's so little between a lot of these guys, to be honest. It's all good when you're winning but the moment there's a bump in the road suddenly they're on the hot seat and fans want them fired.

Didn't Stefanski go from coach of the year to doghouse pretty quickly when his QB situation changed? Saleh got 7 wins out of the worst QB situation in football, you don't just luck into that so he must be doing some things right.

Let's see how some of these guys do in adverse situations. Jacksonville will be interesting, for example - that division is quite different after Houston burst onto the scene last year. How will Pederson look if they're looking like missing the playoffs? What about Steichen if Richardson doesn't perform as expected?

A lot of these guys have high expectations on them this year - Saleh included. Not all of them will survive.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3