Week 2 Thoughts around the NFL

hoping4ASuperBowl

First of course the Jets.

If i could erase the first three quarters and grade our 4th quarter effort, id say looked pretty solid on both sides.

But obviously i cant. The defense was horrible for too long and then in the 4th quarter was starting to come around but by that time was too late because they gave up too many points. Which also didnt help our offense which couldn't manage much of anything from Nuges first field goal in the first quarter all the way to the 4th. What happened in the 4th quarter was almost a dream come true, but as it usually is for us jets fans, that dream was of course cut short. But I gotta, Clemens took a lot of tough hits, made lots of mistakes, but he pulled it together and almost rallied against a superb defense. A loss is still a loss, but it's great to finally see Clemens get this necessary experience and what better way then against one of the best defenses in the NFL. I hope he comes out of this with a whole new edge, and Id love to see him contribute a lot more this season.

I hope Roberston is not on this team next year, and hopefully by this time next year we have a true NT.

As far as the rest of the NFL goes...

Houston is 2-0........wtf

San Diego got spanked by the Patriots just as badly as we were. So Norv Turner is an offensive genius huh? Sure didnt look that way, also cause i dont like Rivers and I think hes overrated most everywhere.

Giants secondary looks worse than ours.

How the hell do the Browns score 51 pts???? And Jamal Lewis rushing for over 200 yds, holy crap.

Kansas City looks like complete garbage in almost every aspect.

If i could erase the first three quarters and grade our 4th quarter effort, id say looked pretty solid on both sides.

But obviously i cant. The defense was horrible for too long and then in the 4th quarter was starting to come around but by that time was too late because they gave up too many points. Which also didnt help our offense which couldn't manage much of anything from Nuges first field goal in the first quarter all the way to the 4th. What happened in the 4th quarter was almost a dream come true, but as it usually is for us jets fans, that dream was of course cut short. But I gotta, Clemens took a lot of tough hits, made lots of mistakes, but he pulled it together and almost rallied against a superb defense. A loss is still a loss, but it's great to finally see Clemens get this necessary experience and what better way then against one of the best defenses in the NFL. I hope he comes out of this with a whole new edge, and Id love to see him contribute a lot more this season.

I hope Roberston is not on this team next year, and hopefully by this time next year we have a true NT.

San Diego got spanked by the Patriots just as badly as we were. So Norv Turner is an offensive genius huh? Sure didnt look that way, also cause i dont like Rivers and I think hes overrated most everywhere.

How the hell do the Browns score 51 pts???? And Jamal Lewis rushing for over 200 yds, holy crap.

Yup the league, with the exception of the Taintriots, seems kinda topsy turvey thus far. But as you pointed out , it's only week 2. The Saints CAN'T be as bad as their 0-2 record would have you think. The Chiefs on the other hand :roll:.

I hope Roberston is not on this team next year, and hopefully by this time next year we have a true NT..

As for DRob, you'd better hope they get a true NT before they dump Robertson. He's not optimal, but I don't think they have anything behind him. I agree on Clemens. I think we may be overrating him based upon success against a team that was presumably giving up the middle of the field and may have had a let down with that big lead, but he didn't disappoint.

My other thought is that maybe those short directional kickoffs weren't so bad. The deep ball has caused as many long returns as it has prevented.

As for Houston: I guess David Carr truly sucked and Matt Schaub is as good as all those Vick haters said.

The Giants secondary IS worse than ours.

Marv Lewis is a defensive genius?

New Orleans may not be the "class of the weak NFC" after all.

I don't think the Saints are that good. The NFC is still weak, but other teams are catching up, and New Orleans isn't really surprising anyone this year.

That's very true. The "sneaked up on us" factor is gone. They have a more difficult schedule as well due to their success last year.

Well i dont know the exacts of the Saints playcalling but one of the announcers on Gameday was talking about how they were trying to use Bush more for running this year and take carries away from Deuce and Bush isn't now and will never be an every-down back. Thats like if we handed the ball of to Washington 20 times against the Ravens, it wouldnt work any better.

But as far as Brees goes, i dont know whats going on with him, but that offense is not clicking. And their defense is worthless beyond the front 4.

The Saints clearly overachieved last year.

I said so after the loss to Chicago and got hammered at my Saints forum.

Deuce should get more reps but we arent blocking for sheet.

I watched Tennessee yesterday and unless they don't show up Monday we are in big trouble. Even Tampa pushed us around, Tennessee is MUCH stronger.

Archived