My Belated 5,000th post

Jetsfan80

**DISCLAIMER** Yes, I am aware that this thread is about 7 posts too late. Whatever. \

To celebrate my 5,000th post, I will share some random thoughts about the Jets and the NFL in general. Here goes:

1) If there's one constant about the Jets that may be among our biggest concerns, it's got to be LACK OF SIZE. Our offensive line is too small. Our receivers are too short. And our front 7 lacks the bulk necesarry to run a 3-4, especially up the middle of the defense. And when ball carriers reach the second level, our secondary is too small, too. We must be near the bottom of the league in solo tackles for this reason. I know speed is important on defense, but you have to have some goons out there, especially at NT and ILB.

2) Where do people get off calling for Eric Mangini's head and comparing him to Herm Edwards ALREADY? We were 4-12 just 2 seasons ago, folks. Mangini deserves criticism for the start to this season, but the man is 36 and is here for the long haul. If I blame Mangini for anything, its: a) sticking with Pennington for the upcoming game against Cincy, B) letting Pete Kendall walk over $1 million without finding an adequate replacement, and c) neglecting to at least attempt to find players in free agency that fit the 3-4. I have no problem with the 3-4 itself (our D would be horrible regardless of the system), but if we're going to commit to it, we will need to attack the free agent market at some point in addition to utilitzing the draft.

3) Could this be the first year in NFL history that we'll have a 16-0 team and/or an 0-16 team? If it does, the Pats vs. Miami game this week will go a long way to determining that. Tom Brady always has trouble against the Miami defense, but they have just been too dominant for me to expect them to win. 7-0, here they come.

4) Chad Pennington is having the same problems now as he had when Herm Edwards was the head coach of the New York Jets: Failing to get the ball to his top 2 WR's. Jerricho Cotchery and Laveranues Coles have far too much potential to go to waste. Please, PLEASE give Kellen Clemens a chance to get it to them.

5) Is it just me, or does CJ Mosely show you far more than Robertson so far this season? Could he get more snaps over the course of the season?

Archived