Yankees sure are spending a lot

uart

i think pettite opted out and apllied for free agency

Yep, he did, but he did so because he wanted more time to decide, so the Yankees offered him a 16mil. deal whenever he was ready to decide. Pettitte has also been saying that he'll either retire or return to NY.

Did Hal Steinbrenner decide to open the bank account right up? $275/10 for ARod, a big deal for Posada, and big offers being made to Lowell and Mo, and we're still waiting to hear from Pettitte on a 16million option.

These guys were all given new contracts with raises over what they made last season. It's not as if this is ALL payroll increase. Posada made $14 mil last season and Mo was over $10 mil as well. They were given new deals with a bit of "thanks for what you've done" money. The only big pay raise is A-Rod and while I hate the ****in' guy and would love to see it fall through, from a business standpoint it makes sense. The money he generages on a regular basis coupled with what will eventually be the all time HR record chase will pay for the contract. I'd still like to see it fall through personally.

These guys were all given new contracts with raises over what they made last season. It's not as if this is ALL payroll increase. Posada made $14 mil last season and Mo was over $10 mil as well. They were given new deals with a bit of "thanks for what you've done" money. The only big pay raise is A-Rod and while I hate the ****in' guy and would love to see it fall through, from a business standpoint it makes sense. The money he generages on a regular basis coupled with what will eventually be the all time HR record chase will pay for the contract. I'd still like to see it fall through personally.

2 Mil a year is a big raise when you make 25 mil?

2 Mil a year is a big raise when you make 25 mil?

I thought the thread was about how much the Yankees were spending and not how much A-Rod is making. He's only making 2.5 mil a year more, but the Yankees lose the payment from Texas and are roughly 9-10 mil more out of pocket per season to pay A-Rod than they were last year. That's a significant increase IMO.

Archived