parlays

NYjet10

i voted jets cover +14.5 does that mean if they win 30-15 i win?

Yup.

If the Jets win or lose by 14 or less you win

-----------------------------------

and parlays just mean you are making numerous picks, and if they are all right you get a lot more back than you would betting 1 by 1 (so let's say you bet 100 separately on the colts, packers and cowboys you would get 600 back; however if you did a parlay on the colts, packers and cowboys and bet 300 on that you would get much more than 600 back)

I hope that makes sense:)

Yup.

If the Jets win or lose by 14 or less you win

-----------------------------------

and parlays just mean you are making numerous picks, and if they are all right you get a lot more back than you would betting 1 by 1 (so let's say you bet 100 separately on the colts, packers and cowboys you would get 600 on back; however if you did a parlay on the colts, packers and cowboys and bet 300 on that you would get much more than 600 back)

I hope that makes sense:)

thanks, you have been a big help so far.

Thats still not really what a parlay is..

a parlay is a bet where you take 2 or more teams and basically what you are saying is that every team you pick will beat their spread. Say you have a 3 team parlay you need all 3 teams you picked to cover their spreads, if even one team doesnt do it you lose the whole thing. If you do win all three you get a bonus (usually 6-1 for a 3 team) b/c its hard to win all 3.

Example

You take the jets -14.5 the colts +10 and the pats +22.5

if the jets lose by 7

the colts win by 13

pats win by 30

you will win 6-1 on your original bet

if its jets win by 3

colts win by 21

pats win by 14

you will lose everything b/c the pats did not cover their spread...

hope that helps...

Archived