1976 Bucs talk about the winless Dolphins

R44

I don't remember the 1976 Bucs (only winless team in N.F.L. history), but I've seen, and enjoyed, the in-depth features about them by NFL Films.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_7610021

By the way, the 1976 Bucs where an A.F.C. expansion team -- moved to the N.F.C. the next season.

I was only ten, but I remember the 1976 Bucs. They were bad.

:lol:

My dad took the family to Disney World that year. I got a picture of me in my bedroom with a Bucs Flyer on the wall (right next to a Freddie Mercury pinup I got out of Hit Parader magazine).

My brother called the Bucs the Mouseketeers. :lol:

He replaced 'Buc Bruce' with Mickey Mouse with a knife in his mouth and we silkscreened it in graphic arts class in 1983.

If I'm not mistaken, the Bucs one time ran up the score on the Jets. I think in '84.

It was the other way around. The Jets won 62-27 or something like that!!

It was the other way around. The Jets won 62-27 or something like that!!

Wasn't there a game where the Buc's had a running back going for the rushing title, and they were blowing the Jets out, and they let the Jets score a TD on a kickoff in garbage time just to get the ball back so they could work a few more handoffs in?

Wasn't there a game where the Buc's had a running back going for the rushing title, and they were blowing the Jets out, and they let the Jets score a TD on a kickoff in garbage time just to get the ball back so they could work a few more handoffs in?

I remember something like this, not sure if it was the Bucs though? Can't imagine them going for any kinda title back then?

I'm sure of it. I can't recall the guys name, though.

In 1984 James Wilder had 1544yds rushing. The Jets played them on the Final game of the season. Bucs won 41-21 Wilder had 31 carries for 103yds. If I remember correctly they were trying to get him to the 1500 point.

In 1985 the Jets won 62-28 (revenge!!)

Wilders stats! 14 carries for 13yds!!

What comes around goes around, watch out next couple of years Patsies with running up the scores!!

Archived