Cornerback at #6?

Barton

Also, why the Hell is this relevant???

It's relevant because if you did know who was on their defense you would know why it sucked. DJ Williams was moved to MLB (which was a disaster) They had NO DT's worth **** and a rookie DE.

I'm just going to point out that you, like IrishJets obviously don't know anyone who played on the Broncos defense last year besides Bly, Bailey and Lynch.

And I'm going to put out to you something that is so blatantly obvious but your ruby red quartz Mangini-is-God glasses won't let you see: if you're defensive front 7 cannot rush the passer in today's NFL with the after 5 yard no contact rules you're pass defense shall and will fail.

DB's can only do so much with the way the NFL rules are today. They cannot touch the wr after 5 yards, that is a huge difference from how they played the game up until a few years ago. If you ever played a DB in football on any level, high school college whatever, you'd know how much that rule impacts your ability to play cover a receiver.

Pass rush is even more vital to playing defense in the NFL now than it ever was. If you aren't hurrying and/or sacking the QB, I don't care if Broken Croyle is back there and you have 4 pro-bowl DB's, he will eventually find the open man and make a play.

Now go do another kegstand of Mangini's kool-aid RSJ.

Why do you think they are trading for D Rob right now? It's because they couldn't stop the run. If they could stop the run it would have been a totally different situation.

Umm...we can't stop the run either. Doesn't this prove their point? Who needs to pass on us when they can just run all over us.

Why do you think they are trading for D Rob right now? It's because they couldn't stop the run. If they could stop the run it would have been a totally different situation.

IIRC their run D really improved as the season went on. They missed Al Wilson from the previous year more than anything else TBH.

Oh please, you make the same lame-ass "jokes" regarding Revis everytime his name is brought up. Learn how to make something funny and maybe I'll laugh at it.

Go look in the mirror, you'll see something funny there.

You guys need to learn to loosen up, and take the stick out of your asses.

It's relevant because if you did know who was on their defense you would know why it sucked. DJ Williams was moved to MLB (which was a disaster) They had NO DT's worth **** and a rookie DE.

Moss wasn't starting until late on.

Sam Adams was a bad pickup for them IMO, he was well past it and was just as bad the previous year with Cincy I think it was.

I'm not debating that they have limited talent defensively but investing that much into 2 CB's will always cause problems like that. Thye didn't even have that bad a pass rush last season, their run d was terrible but since when was our great either.

And I'm going to put out to you something that is so blatantly obvious but your ruby red quartz Mangini-is-God glasses won't let you see: if you're defensive front 7 cannot rush the passer in today's NFL with the after 5 yard no contact rules you're pass defense shall and will fail.

DB's can only do so much with the way the NFL rules are today. They cannot touch the wr after 5 yards, that is a huge difference from how they played the game up until a few years ago. If you ever played a DB in football on any level, high school college whatever, you'd know how much that rule impacts your ability to play cover a receiver.

Pass rush is even more vital to playing defense in the NFL now than it ever was. If you aren't hurrying and/or sacking the QB, I don't care if Broken Croyle is back there and you have 4 pro-bowl DB's, he will eventually find the open man and make a play.

Now go do another kegstand of Mangini's kool-aid RSJ.

Pass Rush is important - but it can be enhanced by having good corners. And you can still play man in the NFL today. A lot of teams still do it effectively.

Moss wasn't starting until late on.

Sam Adams was a bad pickup for them IMO, he was well past it and was just as bad the previous year with Cincy I think it was.

I'm not debating that they have limited talent defensively but investing that much into 2 CB's will always cause problems like that. Thye didn't even have that bad a pass rush last season, their run d was terrible but since when was our great either.

Look at it this way IJ. The top CB on the market today wants just about as much money as the top OLB and the top OG combined. So that is just another reason to build it this way. I'm assuming here that we get Pace, Rodgers and Faneca.

Go look in the mirror, you'll see something funny there.

You guys need to learn to loosen up, and take the stick out of your asses.

Ha ha...you're a riot :rolleyes:

If you really honestly think you're being funny by making a stupid comment about Revis' crossing route skills in every single response you make about him, then that is just pitiful and sad.

Dont look now but Rogers-Cromartie just ran a 4.28

Thats gonna put him in the top 10 whether we like it or not. He might be the BPA at 6 if both Longs, Ryan, Dmac, Ellis and Gholston are off the board. Hell, he might be the BPA at #6 even if guys like Ellis and Gholston are still available.

Personally, I dont mind the idea. Just get me a great football player at #6.

Yeah, I agree. I don't really care who we get, we need a player at almost every position. so as long as he turns out to be a pro bowler with the jets, just get someone that can play.

Yeah, I agree. I don't really care who we get, we need a player at almost every position. so as long as he turns out to be a pro bowler with the jets, just get someone that can play.

I agree. I won't be upset with any player as long as that player turns out to be a great player. I may have my preference for who I want them to pick, but unless they pick someone at #6 that was supposed to go in the 2nd or 3rd round, I would be too upset with whoever it is.

Archived