4 First Round Draft Picks On The OL

SoFlaJets

Alan Faneca is going to help D'Brickishaw Ferguson along with Nick Mangold during his stay with the Jets in ways thats hard to explain.

I'm so pumped up about this new and improved Offensive line and actually really excited with the addition of Alan Faneca for this Jets O-Line. Not only does Faneca improve our LG position in terms of the replacing of Montgomery, but he should also help D'Brickishaw Ferguson develop into a Franchise LT along with Mangold in terms of becoming an All Pro type of center over the next 4-5 seasons.

The addition of Woody is huge for the simple fact we are adding an offensive lineman who can play just about any position on the O-line, a player who has been to the pro bowl in 2001, and a player who has started on a Patriots SB winning team. When we talk about replacing Clemet with a veteran, thats simply huge in the eyes of many, including mine.

And lets not sleep on Moore, I remember the year when Curtis Martin had a "Lights out" type of season for this Jets team, was the NFL's rushing leader in total yardage, and helped lead this Jets offensive attack to the playoffs under Herman Edwards, Moore was our RG at the time. With Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold and Woody, I look foward to watching Moore open up running lanes for Thomas Jones and Leon Washington, maybe even Darren McFadden.

It's a great time to be a Jets fan.

Archived