If we don't trade out of the 6 spot this is what I'd do...

CoachTsurfing

O.k. Looking at the top 10 guys we have to choose from if we can't trade down, this is what I'd do. After looking at their college stats, combine, and games they played against... and I hate to say this but if Mcfadden falls he is the guy to take. He averaged over a 1000 yards for the past three years, had a great combine, and showed up for most of the razorbacks tough games. Next would be Gholston whom I'm also not a fan favorite off. But again, he had two great years for Ohio St., great combine, and also played well against top teams. Chris Long had one good year, Dorsey one good year, the o linemen it was harder to judge because not a lot of stat keeping and hard to know what they did unless you watched every single game they played and honestly I haven't. Opinions please...

O.k. Looking at the top 10 guys we have to choose from if we can't trade down, this is what I'd do. After looking at their college stats, combine, and games they played against... and I hate to say this but if Mcfadden falls he is the guy to take. He averaged over a 1000 yards for the past three years, had a great combine, and showed up for most of the razorbacks tough games. Next would be Gholston whom I'm also not a fan favorite off. But again, he had two great years for Ohio St., great combine, and also played well against top teams. Chris Long had one good year, Dorsey one good year, the o linemen it was harder to judge because not a lot of stat keeping and hard to know what they did unless you watched every single game they played and honestly I haven't. Opinions please...

If mcfadden falls to us... no brainer unless you get blown out of the water on a big trade..

I agree with most of what you had to say, i beleive if mcfadden is there he's the pick as of now, unless somehow chris long is there. Mayock and PFW has long dropping to the jets, but ya never know what's gonna happen. Anyways, I would beg to differ at Long had only one good season; a lot of people make the mistake of just looking at his sacks. Yes, he only had 5 sacks in '06 and 2 sacks in '05, but he had 12 and 10 TFL as well as 21 and 26 qb hurries, respectively. The only thing he changed in '07 was that he finally connected on some of the hurries, but he was just as disruptive.

Thanks for giving Toon another ****ing McFadden thread

LOL, sorry about that. I knew he was going to love it. But really, looking at everything I could Mcfadden and Gholston seem to be the best picks. I agree you can't just look at sacks and stats for Long though. But as far as performance during games and the combine Gholston has done better. I like Longs character though. From what I've seen anyways.

Archived