Ten Items of J-E-T-S News; Mock Draft 2.0

SoFlaJets

By Joe Caporoso | March 17th, 2008

The Jets voluntary workouts begin today, and there should be no shortage of new faces around the team complex. Here is a quick 10 items of Jets News, as most of the team begins to assemble in New York:

1. Tight End Bubba Franks was just signed to a 1 year deal to back-up Chris Baker. As a backup, Franks should be a good fit in New York. He is a good blocker and has always been a good red-zone target. The Jets should be one of the best short yardage teams in the league this year, with guys like Franks, Baker, Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, and Tony Richardson opening up holes.

2. Don

Great read! If we draft McFadden I will be one happy Jet fan knowing that the Patriots also missed out on Gholston.

Also lets not forget that only 1 of the top 4 CB's went in the top 10 on that mock draft. I have a good feeling that one of the top 4 will fall to us in the 2nd round for the simple fact this is a strong draft for RB's O-Lineman and even 2 or 3 WR's in the first round. I think we can land a CB like Jenkins in the 2nd.

Great read! If we draft McFadden I will be one happy Jet fan knowing that the Patriots also missed out on Gholston.

Also lets not forget that only 1 of the top 4 CB's went in the top 10 on that mock draft. I have a good feeling that one of the top 4 will fall to us in the 2nd round for the simple fact this is a strong draft for RB's O-Lineman and even 2 or 3 WR's in the first round. I think we can land a CB like Jenkins in the 2nd.

They've got Jenkins going #8,right after McKelvin

Archived