AFC East progress report, and a look back at last years draft.

NY JET 29

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=8A76A0B2DE0A95C2767A10E714C938D3?id=09000d5d8075c18d&template=without-video&confirm=true

3. New York Jets

The 2007 class

The New York Jets did not have too many draft picks in 2007, but the few that they did have they capitalized on greatlyWith just four picks in last year's draft, the Jets made the most of their selections. Both Pittsburgh CB Darrelle Revis and Michigan LB David Harris earned starting spots and made considerable contributions.

Harris, the Jets second overall pick, was everything and more the Jets hoped for with their second pick, playing his way into a starting ILB role midway through the season, recording 102 tackles and 5.0 sacks in nine games as a starter (including 24 against Washington in Week 9). Harris showed an innate ability to get to the quarterback and will likely be a Pro Bowler for years to come.

Like Harris, Revis looks to only to get better and will likely permanently occupy one side of the Jets secondary in the coming years. Revis started all 16 games for the Jets in 2007, recording all three of his interceptions in the second half of the season.

The jets selected 6-0, 196-pound WR Chansi Stuckey in the seventh round and the wideout from Clemson showed potential, catching 11 passes and a touchdown in four preseason games.

OT Jacob Bender -- drafted in the sixth round -- still has a long ways to go coming from I-AA Nicholls State. The 6-6, 315-pound lineman is likely a long-term project for Mangini and his staff.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsessionid=8A76A0B2DE0A95C2767A10E714C938D3?id=09000d5d8075c18d&template=without-video&confirm=true

3. New York Jets

The 2007 class

The New York Jets did not have too many draft picks in 2007, but the few that they did have they capitalized on greatlyWith just four picks in last year's draft, the Jets made the most of their selections. Both Pittsburgh CB Darrelle Revis and Michigan LB David Harris earned starting spots and made considerable contributions.

Harris, the Jets second overall pick, was everything and more the Jets hoped for with their second pick, playing his way into a starting ILB role midway through the season, recording 102 tackles and 5.0 sacks in nine games as a starter (including 24 against Washington in Week 9). Harris showed an innate ability to get to the quarterback and will likely be a Pro Bowler for years to come.

Like Harris, Revis looks to only to get better and will likely permanently occupy one side of the Jets secondary in the coming years. Revis started all 16 games for the Jets in 2007, recording all three of his interceptions in the second half of the season.

The jets selected 6-0, 196-pound WR Chansi Stuckey in the seventh round and the wideout from Clemson showed potential, catching 11 passes and a touchdown in four preseason games.

OT Jacob Bender -- drafted in the sixth round -- still has a long ways to go coming from I-AA Nicholls State. The 6-6, 315-pound lineman is likely a long-term project for Mangini and his staff.

I had high hopes for Stuckey last season. Hopefully he will breakout this year when he gets a chance.

If he's healthy, expect big things from him. he looks like he'll cause major problems for teams in the slot

I hope the injury won't have any long term effects on his play.

Apparently he was ripping it up in TC before last season, he lacks great speed but makes up for it with quickness and agility. Looked to have great hands too.

Hopefully he comes up big this season.

I hope the injury won't have any long term effects on his play.

Apparently he was ripping it up in TC before last season, he lacks great speed but makes up for it with quickness and agility. Looked to have great hands too.

Hopefully he comes up big this season.

You don't need to be fast to be a slot, just quick, wes welker is anything but fast but he's quick

Quality over quantity when it comes to the draft, and Quality is what we drafted last year with Revis and Harris-Simply amazing.

Now that I'm thinking about it, this 3-4 Defense has a chance at being contenders within the near future, if Gholston is on the board @ #6, even if McFadden is on the board, I think it's a MUST that we take Gholston to play with Revis, Rhodes, and Harris for years to come-Every 3-4 Defense dreams of that Merriman-Ware type of 3-4 OLB and Gholston has the ability to be that type of player for Mangini and this Jets team.

Now I know we need a slot WR, but I feel we need a #2 CB alot more, I say in Round 2 we draft the best CB whos left on the board, but at the same time... If Kenny Phillips falls to the 2nd round, he's another must pick.

Last year we landed Revis and Harris

If we were to land Gholston and Phillips this offseason, I would be so excited for this Jets defense

Archived