Jets | Pennington Speaks about His Recovery

jales22

Jets | Pennington Speaks about His Recovery

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:22:20 -0700

Mike Henry, of the Herald, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) spoke once again Tuesday, July 19, about his recovery from a shoulder injury. "I expect to be about 85 percent going into training camp, and my goal is to be 100 percent Sept. 11 (when the Jets open the regular season at Kansas City)," said Pennington, an IMG client who is beginning his sixth season. "That is when it matters the most, and I'm well on my way toward that goal." Pennington has been rehabbing at IMG Academies with International Performance Institute director David Donatucci. "He'll be ready. He's pretty close now," Donatucci said. "His conditioning is the area that is a little suspect. When you get to your sixth year in the NFL, your body starts to overcompensate for some things. Most of it is simple, like using his hips properly to push off when he throws. He probably was relying a lot on his arm to throw more than his legs." Pennington balked at a recent report that he invited wide receivers from the Jets to workout with him in Sarasota. The only receivers Pennington has thrown to since February are some Bayshore High players working out at IPI.

Jales we added some new forums and moved things around. NFL Talk is now up top! Sorry to have screwed you up.

I moved the other topic on this that you started to the NFL forum.

I am going to lock this one. Thanks!

Archived