Cubs win, complete perfect seven-game homestand

JetNation

Alfonso Soriano homered, Jim Edmonds drove in two runs and the Chicago Cubs beat the reeling Colorado Rockies 5-3 on Sunday to complete a perfect seven-game homestand.mlb_news?i=wGMZec</img>

mlb_news?i=YaUjHI</img> mlb_news?i=dL7eKi</img> mlb_news?i=jhVO2i</img> mlb_news?i=7ylpMI</img>

More...

I was at the game today... rooftop seats. still trying to recover from drinking.

Great game. Edmonds played well, crowd was actually into the game (rare for cubbies)

Great weather.

First time in a long, long time the cubs have had the best record in baseball on June 1st. Congrats cubbie fans. Now we're off to the sports bar to watch the mets because the sh!tty motel we are staying in doesnt have ESPN.

First time in a long, long time the cubs have had the best record in baseball on June 1st. Congrats cubbie fans.

First time since 1908 and some of us know who won the WS that year.

Just got back from Seattle and the 3 game series with the Tigers.

Safeco is a great stadium....but the M's.....?????

I spent just about as much time watching the out of town scoreboard as I did the M's games. Cubs are on a roll, but June could be a real challenge as they play most of the rest of the month on the road.

cheers,

d

I spent just about as much time watching the out of town scoreboard as I did the M's games. Cubs are on a roll, but June could be a real challenge as they play most of the rest of the month on the road.

cheers,

d

Thanks for the year... couldnt remember what Ron Santo said on the radio call... had a few too many beers...

Safeco is a great stadium. Went there 3 years ago and loved it.

Cubs will face a challenge with all those road games... they are below .500 on the road- as is most of baseball. Only 3 teams in the NL are above .500 on the road this season, with the Phillies being the best at 2 games above .500.

Going to be a real interesting summer in baseball.

cheers,

d

I was afraid to mention it. :shutit:

Archived