MLB All-Stars

Jetsfan80

Here's where my votes went:

American League

C: Joe Mauer, Twins

1B: Justin Morneau, Twins (honorable mention: Casey Kotchman, Angels; Kevin Youkilis, Red Sox)

2B: Ian Kinsler, Rangers

SS: Michael Young, Rangers

3B: Alex Rodriguez, Yankees

OF: 1) Josh Hamilton, Rangers; 2) Milton Bradley, Rangers ; 3) B.J. Upton, Rays

DH: David Ortiz, Red Sox (honorable mention: Hideki Matsui, Yankees)

National League

C: Brian McCann, Braves (honorable mention: Geovany Soto, Cubs; Bengie Molina, Giants)

1B: Lance Berkman, Astros

2B: Chase Utley, Phillies

SS: Hanley Ramirez, Marlins (honorable mention: Jose Reyes, Mets)

3B: Chipper Jones, Braves

OF: 1) Ryan Braun, Brewers; 2) Nate McLouth, Pirates; 3) Ryan Ludwick, Cardinals (honorable mention: Alfonso Soriano, Cubs; Jason Bay, Pirates; Carlos Lee, Astros)

On a side note, this may be the first time in a long time that the NL actually will beat the AL. While the NL has had some true superhuman efforts in the 1st half (Berkman, Utley, Jones in particular), the AL is very....blah. Only Josh Hamilton has been a real "standout performer", and great story, to date. The pitching is pretty equal in both leagues, but the NL seems to have a clear advantage in the offensive department.

Why exactly is David Ortiz the starting DH, look at Matsui's stats, and compare, you tell me who belongs there. Ortiz isn't even healthy right now. It also pisses me off that Matsui is listed as a DH only, he can actually play the field, and isn't completely useless in the field like Ortiz is.

Archived