The Year of the Jet!

villain_the_foe

Just wanted to make a thread where we can all participate. The thread is going pretty slow so I wanted to put something up that would spark the brain alittle. Basically (if you agree) give your reason why this will be the year of the jet as well as a "guesstimated" record.

Well, I think this will be the year of the Jet because of our front 7 (Gholston, Barton, Harris, Pace, Coleman, Jenkins, Ellis). We could possibly have the best front 7 in the AFC East. This will also work wonders for our secondary making it an easier transition for Justin Miller which I believe will be the second CB, but also the front 7 will make it a break out year, possibly probowl years for both Derelle Revis and Kerry Rhodes.

Adding the fact that we'll be able to get the offense back on the field we should see alot more scoring running wise with the revamped O-line and Thomas Jones as well as better protection for either Pennington or Clemens.

We cant forget the Jets MVP in Leon Washington running on 3rd downs behind the line as well as returning KR's giving us great field position.

This overall make-up should have us stop opponents and create turnovers on defense, hold the ball longer on offense and see the redzone more often, creating much more opportunites for TD's and lastly, cant forget about the ever consistent foot of Mike Nugent. If he can get alittle bit more power behind that kick of his he's also a probowl type kicker with his accuracy.

2008 Record: 11-5

*My prediction doesnt take into account the alleged easy schedule that we have. Bottomline, we play the Pats twice as well as the bills which in order to have a shot at a division we must win these games. No more "close but no cigar" treatment. Im not saying we're better than the Pats but we've certainly closed the gap enough to where we could compete for an actual win.

Honerable Players to watch for this year: Coleman, Lowery, Keller, Henry (Im quite excited about this WR. He gets the ball at its highest point with ease. just look at June 5th video OTA's) and surprisingly for me Erik Ainge (We just NEVER KNOW with the QB's that we have).

I believe.

This will be an improved year but it should be after last years fiasco...this year 7-9, next year they will do some things. There is going to be a learning curve for all of the new players and the qb situation at some point is going to hold them back. As for strength of schedule nothing can be told until after training camp with all of the injuries etc

I would be heart broken if I really believed we would be 7-9 this year.

I am more in the 9-7/10-6 range. We can sweep the Dolphins, split with the Pats and the wildcard is the Bills. If we can sweep them, we are in running for a playoff spot. Just split with them it is going to be tough.

The rest of the games will fall as they do.

BZ

THis will be the year of the Jet because we seem to have made all the right moves (at least on paper anyway) a revamped O and D line will definitly show much improvement - so the QB (whomever it may be ) should have the time he needs and not run for his life on every down -- I expect better results this year on top of a fairly weak sched (although the travel aspect really sucks )

10-6 is wishful thinking but would settle for 9-7 withmore improvement for 09

Archived