Jets news and football articles 6/23/08

Kentucky Jet

Callahan talks to New York Daily News

By Dan Leberfeld

Posted Jun 22, 2008

Former Oakland Raider and Nebraska Cornhusker head coach Bill Callahan, did just his second interview since being named Jets assistant head coach/offensive line. Daily News writer Rich Cimini asked him about the challenge of fixing the Jets inconsistent 2007 offensive line, which the scribe described as "The Five Blocks of Granola."

"I don't take this position any less meaningful than I did my previous positions," Callahan told Cimini. "This entails a huge responsibility, coming in here as the offensive line coach. It's a challenge.

"Having been a head coach, it has allowed me to see coaching - and life - through a different set of glasses. It will make me a better assistant. It can only increase my understanding and knowledge of the game. I bring a unique skill set to this organization."

Callahan talks to New York Daily News

By Dan Leberfeld

Posted Jun 22, 2008

Former Oakland Raider and Nebraska Cornhusker head coach Bill Callahan, did just his second interview since being named Jets assistant head coach/offensive line. Daily News writer Rich Cimini asked him about the challenge of fixing the Jets inconsistent 2007 offensive line, which the scribe described as "The Five Blocks of Granola."

"I don't take this position any less meaningful than I did my previous positions," Callahan told Cimini. "This entails a huge responsibility, coming in here as the offensive line coach. It's a challenge.

"Having been a head coach, it has allowed me to see coaching - and life - through a different set of glasses. It will make me a better assistant. It can only increase my understanding and knowledge of the game. I bring a unique skill set to this organization."

I'm glad he calls himself the "offensive line coach" rather than that bloated "running game co-ordinator" title or whatever they gave him.

Six players that will bounce back in '08 with big seasons

In the NFL, there is always a list of players that come back after subpar seasons to light it up the following year. Most of those players either are coming off an injury, move to another team that fits them as players better, or just finally

After a week involving players spraying champagne and swinging champagne bottles, one of them apparently decided to drink some of the stuff. And then drive. Allegedly.

TitansRadio.com, an arm of the official site of the Tennessee Titans, reports that Titans defensive end Jevon Kearse has been arrested for DUI.

Archived