So what do you guys think about the end of " Mike and the Mad Dog"

anskyruben

I listen to their show when I can on the internet since I moved to California. I listened to them since they started on WFAN. I know that a lot of you guys being in Ny probably have strong opinions on them. When you live outside the tri state area, you are happy just to hear a taste of NY sports no matter where you get it from. I always liked the chemistry between both of them. I think either one alone is boring. Opinions ?

Here'e the article:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-sprusso0815,0,4065290.story

As I said in the NY Jets (Brett Favre) forum, I had soured on them in the past couple of years. Francessa is the more knowledgeable of the two but he still comes across as ignorant on a lot of issues. And Russo is just an average fan who screams a lot and gets a lot of listeners that way.

However, even though I had soured on them, I grew up listening to them. My dad would listen to them all the time when I was a kid and they're at least part of the reason I'm so engrossed in sports. For all of their issues, I thought they still had great on-air chemistry and I have to give them credit for knowing how to bring listeners to the air waves. Their coverage of events like 9/11, the Cory Lidle accident, etc. were also phenomenal. You know your show is big when the governors of New York and New Jersey call in and tell you how much they're going to miss it. It's a pretty sad day...

I will miss Dog and they do know a lot more about sports than given credit for.

That said, yesterdays almost morbid touting of their self importance in the grand scheme of things was a little much.

I have always liked the way they played off each other over the years but I think Dog became too big for Mike's liking. Not sure Mike enjoyed as much as he pretended to Dog's daily questioning of the Yankees although Mike isn't really overboard as a homer.

Archived