The Captain needs to speak up

TaborJet

The Yankees are oh-so close to be eliminated from postseason contention in the first time in forever. Derek Jeter needs to usher the press out of the locker room, and rip the team a new ass. Plain and simple. This is something he has never done before, to my knoweledge, but this is also the first time in his career that he can make vacation plans for October.

Which brings up another question. Is or was Jeter ever the best choice for captain? He is the face of the franchise, and can sell us Fords and Avon products. But can he get in the face of his teammates like Posada? Clearly Jorge is missed here. I'm sure if the unnofficial captain were here, he would speak his mind.

The Yankees are oh-so close to be eliminated from postseason contention in the first time in forever. Derek Jeter needs to usher the press out of the locker room, and rip the team a new ass. Plain and simple. This is something he has never done before, to my knoweledge, but this is also the first time in his career that he can make vacation plans for October.

Which brings up another question. Is or was Jeter ever the best choice for captain? He is the face of the franchise, and can sell us Fords and Avon products. But can he get in the face of his teammates like Posada? Clearly Jorge is missed here. I'm sure if the unnofficial captain were here, he would speak his mind.

Jeter seems to be very quiet in the lockerroom. Maybe we can get Wagner to say some words... its worked for the mets

Jeter is a class act. If there is one guy on the team that should speak out it should be Damon. In Boston he was himself (beard, long hair, outspoken) but in NY he hasn't been the same. Its time for him to step up.

Archived