From The Dolphins GameDay Media Release

Maxman

Look at these milestones they listed in the media guide. Is it just me or do you think they wrote this and then added some "filler" because the first version of actual meaningful milestones didn't fill the page?

WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN 2008

LB AKIN AYODELE. . .

• Enters 2008 having played in 96 league games. With four more he would reach the 100-game played plateau.

• Enters 2008 have appeared in 96 straight league games and has not missed one in his six NFL seasons.

S YEREMIAH BELL. . .

• Enters 2008 with five career sacks. With his next full sack he would tie Liffort Hobley (6) for the most career sacks by a Dolphins defensive back.

LB JOEY PORTER. . .

• Enters 2008 as one of only two NFL players to have registered at least five sacks each year since 2000.

QB CHAD PENNINGTON. . .

• Enters 2008 with 13,738 career passing yards. With 1,262 more, he would reach the 15,000-yard plateau.

• Goes into the season with 82 career touchdown passes and in need of 18 more for 100.

Look at these milestones they listed in the media guide. Is it just me or do you think they wrote this and then added some "filler" because the first version of actual meaningful milestones didn't fill the page?

WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN 2008

LB AKIN AYODELE. . .

• Enters 2008 having played in 96 league games. With four more he would reach the 100-game played plateau.

• Enters 2008 have appeared in 96 straight league games and has not missed one in his six NFL seasons.

S YEREMIAH BELL. . .

• Enters 2008 with five career sacks. With his next full sack he would tie Liffort Hobley (6) for the most career sacks by a Dolphins defensive back.

LB JOEY PORTER. . .

• Enters 2008 as one of only two NFL players to have registered at least five sacks each year since 2000.

QB CHAD PENNINGTON. . .

• Enters 2008 with 13,738 career passing yards. With 1,262 more, he would reach the 15,000-yard plateau.

• Goes into the season with 82 career touchdown passes and in need of 18 more for 100.

I'm just glad they are doing the math for me - I had no idea that 82+18 = 100 ...

Archived