It's the special teams, stupid

stoicsentry

Besides playcalling, the thing that bothered me most about this game is special teams. Yes of course you will lose the game when all of your possessions start at the 20 and your opponent starts at midfield.

How many kicks did Leon get a chance to return today, 1, maybe 2?

When will the Ben Grahm experiment END already? Send this punk back to kangaroo land. What was his punting average, 30 yards? This guy is terrible. Worst punter I've ever seen. He gets paid much, much more than most of us and his only job responsibility is to KICK THE DAMN FOOTBALL. Btw, how about we get a punter that (in a pinch) can kick an extra point! I mean he devotes his whole life to kicking and they can't have him kick a damn extra point? WTF

Besides playcalling, the thing that bothered me most about this game is special teams. Yes of course you will lose the game when all of your possessions start at the 20 and your opponent starts at midfield.

How many kicks did Leon get a chance to return today, 1, maybe 2?

When will the Ben Grahm experiment END already? Send this punk back to kangaroo land. What was his punting average, 30 yards? This guy is terrible. Worst punter I've ever seen. He gets paid much, much more than most of us and his only job responsibility is to KICK THE DAMN FOOTBALL. Btw, how about we get a punter that (in a pinch) can kick an extra point!

I've been trying to say this, but it seems it's more fashionable to blame the game on Jones. Other things did not go well, ala Schott's playcalling, but SpT's was the #1 reason we lost. The kangaroof#cker needs to sent packing.

What the hell could we have done to stop them from kicking it 10 yards past the endzone?

Our kicking game sucked today, that is true. But that doesn't really have anything to do with coaching, our coverage, formations, and execution where fine, the actual players doing the kicking sucked however.

As bad as we've all dogged on the offense(and rightfully so), they looked great on the opening drive. You can't start a game off with a good, deep drive like that against a rival and come away with no points.

It makes a statement if the Jets drive down and score a TD, at least a FG says they wont be rolling over. After Feeley missed the kick, how many of us just shook our heads and walked away from the TV? Energized the Pats, no question.

I've been trying to say this, but it seems it's more fashionable to blame the game on Jones. Other things did not go well, ala Schott's playcalling, but SpT's was the #1 reason we lost. The kangaroof#cker needs to sent packing.

Can't imagine how its Jones fault. The coaching staff is fully aware that he can't beat, truck, juke or stiffarm ANYONE at the goalline. The fact that they ran it up the middle with him 3 times in a row is a coaching mistake. Don't know about you guys, but they should have given Richardson a shot there IMO.

Archived