Favre to fans: Don

heroesjets

http://jets.lohudblogs.com/2008/09/24/favre-to-fans-dont-give-up-on-us/

Brett Favre addressed the fact that the team’s 1-2 start and “self-inflicted wounds” could cause some Jets fans to lose hope in the new Jets. But he thinks this team is improving and needs to keep the confidence in order to change the mindset here.

Here, Favre discusses why he is practicing through the injury and gets a little into the state of the season. “I didn’t come here to lose, I didn’t come here to sit and watch,” Favre said.

I’m disappointed we’re 1-2, I’ve been 1-2 before,” Favre said. ”…I’ve been through some early stretches during the course of a season or through my career where we didn’t start off the way we had hoped, and I like the way our guys have handled the last two weeks even though they’re losses, the character they’re shown. The bottom line obviously is winning, how we get to that remains to be seen but I really believe that this team is not only good… but once this team starts believing, all 61 guys start believing, that it can be done, then it will be.”

Favre said he would probably play despite a rolled left ankle, which he said was sore after Monday’s loss to the Chargers. He also declined to get into too many specifics for the first time as a Jet, saying that coach Eric Mangini wanted all of that information to come through him.

I can understand it, but on the other hand Favre is the one member of this team who never drank the Kool-Aid on those rules of bland interviews. I like the way he speaks his mind without the Jets filter, so I hope this is an exception.

One reporter asked if he was hopping off it a little during the game, if the pain changed his mechanics.

“The good thing is my mechanics were never good,” Favre said.

Update: So at practice Favre had his left ankle taped and was able to throw off his leg. However, the Jets held the QBs out of the agility drills (pictured above) to start, which is something everyone usually does. Guess they didn’t want to single Favre out by having him be the only one to sit out. Also, Kellen Clemens worked in the 11 on 11 drills, while Favre, Brett Ratliff and Erik Ainge worked with a few select receivers like Laveranues Coles.

Also, I came across this article about six NFLers who plan to donate their brains after their deaths for study on concussions. Worth a read for sure.

Archived