David Wells gold

NJ

I sent this to NS in a pm but as I was reading it - it's too damn good not to share with the whole board;

The absolute funniest Davis Wells thing I ever saw was in 01 the year he threw for the White Sox. It was the first leg of the annual Cubs/Sox city series at Comisky and the Sox wanted to showcase their new powerhouse lefty.

Wells must have come out of spring training weighing 3 bills and was not moving around well so the Cubs first batter Eric Young lays down a bunt and fat ass cant get off the mound quick enough to even make a respectable play then he throws it over the 1st basemens head.

Man on 2nd, nobody dead - next batter Migel Cairo lays down another bunt -:rl::rl::rl: - we are frikin crying we're laughing so hard - Wells is so pissed that when he finally gets to the ball he whips it off balance into the box seats and in so doing throws his back out. Now he's limping around the mound with nobody dead and nobody warming up in the pen. They left him into throw to Sosa and The Samola actually squared off to bunt but Bwaaa Boy didnt throw it anywhere near him and he walked to first. Plenty of action in the pen and they finally replace him but not before he grooves one to Ron Coomer who knocks in 2 runs with a single.

Best live example I ever witnessed of sticking it up a wiseguys azz.

Archived