JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony's contributions since Friday around 5pm..

All right gentlemen, I'm off for a little while. I'll be back on later tonight. Hopefully we hear from Sonny by then.

Hello all- I've got some catching up to do here as it was a busy weekend for me. Should be back in about 20-30 min.

2 posts promising to be back and nothing else, the second one was yesterday morning..

Seriously, lets just lynch someone for this nonsense. Why post an "i'm here, but I'll be right back" post and then never post again?

Best case scenario the player is lazy and devoid of ideas, worst case scenario it's scum trying to stay above the low water mark that Sonny has set.

I'm fine with lynching Sonny, but these posts are annoying..

This post reeks, Henry.

Everyone here is under the impression that the Cult Leader converts players, and here you are defending against a charge of being the CL by asking why would the CL kill one player and not another.

I'm starting to think you know more about what the Cult Leader can do than the rest of of us.

unvote

vote: Henry Hill

I don't know why we need to get you to L-1 to spill, but at this point I'm all for getting you there so I can hear from you.

Dude.. if he's the cult leader let the scum take him out.. They need to as much as we do :yes:

As if everyone didn't know it was me anyway.

Can I start posting with my real name?

I didn't. I though you where the Jetsbabe.

unvote:sonny

I need a second to take this all in. I would hate to see Sonny get voted off until we can all have a second to make the right choice. I still think Sonny reeks, but Henry may be actively out reeking him as we type.

I screwed up.

Doggin, please modkill me.

Here are my final thoughts. Besides that you're all dumb...

People of High Interest:

Virgil, Tony Montana, DeVito

People of Medium Interest:

Marcellus, Fredo, Vito

That's it. I'm done.

Who cares if you've been de-alted? Just play..

I'm beginning to see your point on Montana..

That's not exactly true Tommy. On Sat night I wrote that I would be away from the internet from Sunday morning until now. I also said that I would try and review and vote. However, I didn't find enough of a case on anyone, and did not have time to read again before I left Sunday morning.

That said, I do think it's fair that I face some scrutiny, since others have had to do the same when they've been absent from the game for a couple of days.

Sorry Tony, I forgot there were 2 Tonys in this game. I was referring to Tony Montana, as I knew why you weren't around

I screwed up.

Here are my final thoughts. Besides that you're all dumb...

People of High Interest:

Virgil, Tony Montana, DeVito

People of Medium Interest:

Marcellus, Fredo, Vito

That's it. I'm done.

Uh...how is posting under your name worthy of modkilling?

Vote Count

Tony Montana (1) - Henry Hill

Sonny LoSpecchio (6) - Frank Costello, Lefty Ruggerio, Ace Rothstein, Joe Cabot, Al Capone, Carlito Brigante

Henry Hill (5) - Tommy DeVito, Marcellus Wallace, Virgil Sollozo, Tony Soprano, Vito Corleone

Frank Costello (1) - Jimmy Conway

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

No modkill for revealing the man behind the alt, btw

I screwed up.

Who cares if you've been de-alted? Just play..

I agree, Henry. Just play. Being outed hurts you more than most, but that's no reason for you to be modkilled.

Dude.. if he's the cult leader let the scum take him out.. They need to as much as we do :yes:

I see this point, too, but I still want a response. That was a very scummy post.

Tony's contributions since Friday around 5pm..

2 posts promising to be back and nothing else, the second one was yesterday morning..

Seriously, lets just lynch someone for this nonsense. Why post an "i'm here, but I'll be right back" post and then never post again?

Best case scenario the player is lazy and devoid of ideas, worst case scenario it's scum trying to stay above the low water mark that Sonny has set.

I'm fine with lynching Sonny, but these posts are annoying..

Agreed. Sorry if my post was misconstrued as against Soprano--Montana is just skating by. Reminds me a lot of Sharrow or WP as scum.

BTW--just my 2 cents....EY either truely thinks he should get modkilled (which I have a difficult time believing) or he's trying to throw together a big chirade to show his innocence before being "modkilled," only to jump back in the saddle when Doggin' shows mercy.

BTW--just my 2 cents....EY either truely thinks he should get modkilled (which I have a difficult time believing) or he's trying to throw together a big chirade to show his innocence before being "modkilled," only to jump back in the saddle when Doggin' shows mercy.

No, I don't THINK I should be modkilled, I WANT to be.

Perhaps insist was a strong word. But you continued to suggest it even when others argued it was a stupid idea.

Lefty's post showing the weakness in your theory that Carlito's replacement points to him as scum:

I get your theory, Henry, but are you saying it is only for scum, or roled townie or scum?

Under your example, JB was both town and mafia in the games she subbed. The thing is, the town just lost 2 power roles (finder & vig). In all likelihood the town is left with only 1 power role (doc).

So, even if you are right that Doggin would likely sub if the player is important (@Doggin, I'm not saying I believe it's true, just that assuming it for this sake), it is too dangerous to target Carlito at this time because there's a 50/50 chance he/she is the doc.

That said, I don't think Carlito is roled. But that's just a hunch.

Your first suggestion:

Dead on.

However, is it really the end of the world to reveal the Doc today? We've got 6 bad guys among us now, the Doc will be protecting him or herself regardless.

The only flaw here is if a Doc can't protect himself from conversion. Doggin?

Yes. It is a very bad idea. Based on the notion that the doc will only self-protect. Which would have to mean there are no remaining roled players.

Now you again claim you do not think there are other roled players. Implying there is no harm in a doc reveal:

I don't expect too many more surprises. I'm pretty sure the 'Cult Leader' fits the bill of non-vanilla game.

And again. This time with statistics that claim even if you were scum, knowing the doc would not help you much. Bull****:

If all of that is true, why would I bother? Why not just not go after Nicky when I could have hammered an innocent everyone wanted dead anyway? All it did was draw unnecessary attention to myself.

Also, as to the doc revealing, I never said he should immediately, just that it was an idea, and with 2 power roles gone already, it's not the worst idea in the world. As to a free kill, well, if our math is correct, there we have 15 players remaining, 4 scum right now, we have 2 possible scenarios from scums perspective as cult and town are the same to them.

1) Lynch Scum today, 14 players remaining, 3 scum, leaving 11 options for NK. With a doctor, that's a 10/11 chance they hit correctly, or a 91% chance.

2) Lynch Non-Scum today, 14 players remaining, 4 scum, leaving 10 options for NK. With a doctor, that's a 9/10 chance they'll hit correctly, or 90% chance.

So, basically, what you're incinuating, is that I drew attention to myself by attacking Nicky, rather than just hammering Rooney, so that I could NK Nicky, and then claim that I would never do that because it made me too suspicious, and it was a set-up. Then, because that wasn't enough, I would try to identify the doctor because it gave me a meager 10% increase in hitting a target tonight.

Again, continuing to argue there are no other power roles:

No one but other power roles know if they exist. Further, we've already lost 2, how many do you expect there to be? At best, perhaps there is a roleblocker who could block the Cult Leader, but even that seems irrelevant, as if he knew who the Cult Leader was, we could just lynch him.

Keep your vote. I just wanted to make it extremely clear what exactly you are voting for, so, when you take me down, people know where to look next.

Once more arguing that the vig was enough:

In this game, the vig could have been more useful as his targets would continue to grow. He should definitely have sent a NO KILL last night. But, tonight, with an innocent lynch today, we'd be looking at shooting one of 4 scum, and 3 cult (no reason not to kill the guy getting converted). Putting the odds at just under 60% of an miss kill (14 players, wouldn't shoot himself, and couldn't kill the doc).

Do not pretend you mentioned this lightly or only a few times. You made a repeated argument for why it is safe for the doc to reveal.

It also sits badly with me that every time you are questioned, you call it a setup.

Kudos to EY for surviving a day cycle. Paranoid, but still living. :)

Whats more hillarious is that I'm actually innocent this time, that's why I have no more defense. I've given a very logical, do you think I would be that dumb defense:

Start attacking someone for no good reason at the end of the day, continuing into night... then kill him to obviously avoid attracting attention to myself... then suggest that I didnt think it was the worst thing in the world (so long as the doc could protect himself from convert) for the doc to reveal to limit who we would vote for.

I did all of that instead of voting for what's his name, the first guy, and then hopping on the Sonny train, all wall providing the same pitiful insight that most people have. And since you didn't know it was me, you wouldn't have expected much more.

So, go ahead and kill me today. Just get it over with.

I would like to apologize to everyone for being away for so much. Sometimes real life can be a real pain in the ass.

I would also like to thank everyone for waiting for being patient and waiting for my input.

That said, I understand all of the arguments against those that have been targeted. There is someone else that, to me, is hinky, and that is Lefty. It's not something that I can put my finger on, but there's something in his language and his overall posting style that has my spidey-sense buzzing.

Whats more hillarious is that I'm actually innocent this time, that's why I have no more defense. I've given a very logical, do you think I would be that dumb defense:

Start attacking someone for no good reason at the end of the day, continuing into night... then kill him to obviously avoid attracting attention to myself... then suggest that I didnt think it was the worst thing in the world (so long as the doc could protect himself from convert) for the doc to reveal to limit who we would vote for.

Except that you posted that as a defense against being the Cult Leader, which as far as the rest of us know doesn't have the ability to NK.

Not very logical.

Except that you posted that as a defense against being the Cult Leader, which as far as the rest of us know doesn't have the ability to NK.

Not very logical.

I posted it long before as being scum.

I may have typed the last one too quickly.

As I've said, I want you to vote for me, so do it.

I don't want to.

If you're completely innocent, wouldn't you want to? Because if you are, I have to agree that your personal future doesn't look good.

But if you're scum, a modkill with no role reveal would be very beneficial to your team. Much better than a lynch.

If you're completely innocent, wouldn't you want to? Because if you are, I have to agree that your personal future doesn't look good.

But if you're scum, a modkill with no role reveal would be very beneficial to your team. Much better than a lynch.

Exactly. Putting yourself up on the cross does absolutely no good for the town. Maybe he's been turned against us?

I didn't ask for no-reveal, did I?

And I am completely innocent, I've already made all the arguments I can as to why I'm innocent, and why I'm being set-up. If you think they're valuable, go back and get them. As I said, I don't want to.

and by the way, whoever said that the 6 guys working against the town theory was bad, it's not. Just because they're not working together, doesn't mean there are 6 people who will vote for anyone who's not one of them.

Doesn't matter though, you've found the Cult Leader, I suggest you finish me off before I can kill anyone else.

Doesn't matter though, you've found the Cult Leader, I suggest you finish me off before I can kill anyone else.

Well HenrEY, I'm sorry you ****ed up and revealed who's behind your alt (I didn't know, either). If you are innocent, you're good for the town and this sucks. But if you're going to be all pouty and suicidal, I don't see any reason to change my vote.

And I'd apologize for that, but I think that's what you want, anyway.

And for the record, a modkill generally comes with no role reveal, right?

EY, I'm having a tough time following your logic here. You are roleless townie, and you are pushing for your lynch today? You do realize that if we do lynch townies, this game comes ever closer to reverse mafia? If you are town, you desperately need scum or cult leader to go down today.

I don't think the problem we are facing is you getting killed tonight. In fact, I think this whole thing leads to your survival if we don't lynch you today. 1) The biggest threat facing scum right now is the cult leader. The town is down a finder and a vigilante and is severely behind. They are cult leader hunting as a priority now in my opinion. 2) As such, if you aren't a part of the scum team, they might lean away from killing you because they want to find a leader (if they believe you aren't the leader) 3) If you haven't already been converted, you'd be a target for conversion as well.

They might indeed decide to kill you tonight, or try to set you up for a lynch tomorrow by keeping you alive. This, in addition to the rolefishing is making me a bit puzzled. I still think Sonny looks the scummiest, but I would like a better explanation of your activity so far.

Archived