Mauer's bat powers Twins past Cubs; Bradley goofs

JetNation

This was brutal, had the day off so got to watch the game.

-Bradley made a nice hit to cash in 2.

-Then made a costly base running error, tagged out

-Got a talking to about it, which he obviously couldn't take like a man, because....

1) Missed an easy fly ball in the sun, drops for a hit

2) Then caught a fly ball, acted like it was some sort of accomplishment and tossed the ball into the stands, it was the 2nd out. Run scores and man on first advances to 3rd

3) Missed catching a bloop hit

I can give him a pass on 1 and 3, but not knowing how many outs there are? Milton can count to 10, as in 10 mill a year, but not to 3 as in outs?

D!ckhead.

This was brutal, had the day off so got to watch the game.

-Bradley made a nice hit to cash in 2.

-Then made a costly base running error, tagged out

-Got a talking to about it, which he obviously couldn't take like a man, because....

1) Missed an easy fly ball in the sun, drops for a hit

2) Then caught a fly ball, acted like it was some sort of accomplishment and tossed the ball into the stands, it was the 2nd out. Run scores and man on first advances to 3rd

3) Missed catching a bloop hit

I can give him a pass on 1 and 3, but not knowing how many outs there are? Milton can count to 10, as in 10 mill a year, but not to 3 as in outs?

D!ckhead.

You bring up a whole new slant on this Doug. I didn't see the game, only the lowlights and listened to the local sports radio guys. If getting berated for his base running gaff set him into a tizzy, or worse yet, gave him an oh yeah? watch this! attitude - his days are numbered. Todays activities have the media up his dukey and deservedly so.

I'm usually the last guy to defend any player with a personality disorder and I don't suffer meatheads well at all in Cub blue - theres been far too many of them over far too long a time stretch, but I still think Bradley can be a plus here. He's a damn good if not great hitter that hasn't broke out and any fielding deficiency could be overlooked easily if his bat was singing (I mean ... look at who's in the other corner ... the #1 ritalin candidate of the new millennium - A. Soriano esq )

I think this guy is way overly sensitive and thin skin usually a good ball player don't make, but I think he's sincere in his intentions to be a positive force and we are in such dire need for consistent hitting help that I'm going to cut him a little more slack. I've been wrong before though - plenty:winking0001:

John,

I don't think it was an "oh yeah, watch this" response. You hit the nail on the head with the thin skin comment. I think he was sulking like a child after being scolded and wasn't thinking baseball.

As for Soriano, has this guy ever seen a pitch he didn't like? The guy's a pitcher's dream, throw him crap, he'll swing.

Isn't being a Cubs fan fun?

:character42:

Hey Lou, about time for a meltdown.

Hey Lou, about time for a meltdown.

I'd be amazed if we got through next week (Sox series) and Lou doesnt have a major and get run for at least a couple games if these guys don't quit playing like instructional league bums.

The starting pitching has been superb - other than that this team looks like 2nd division underachievers rather than the 3rd highest salary load in the bigs.

Archived