Ben Roethlisberger

It's a little less obvious in the NFC:

Donovan McNabb

Tony Romo

Brett Favre

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Kurt Warner

And the answer is...Tom Brady in the AFC is the only non-1st round QB pick.

In the NFC, I guess it'd be Romo, Favre (just barely? or was he in round 1?), Brees (same) and of course Warner.

So of the 13 teams in playoff contention or in the playoffs (or in the case of Ben traditionally so) 8 are first round draft picks, usually high first round. And guess what, Mark Sanchez is one of those guys. Even for the remaining, Brees and Favre were picked high enough that you can kind of count them, putting that number to 10/13. Those other 3 guys, you really can't expect to get lucky on them (2 undrafted and 1 6th rounder, that's just not good odds).

Yeah I know there are plenty of busts, and I know Sanchez hasn't been great this year, but this is why you draft 'em high and play em: for that chance at getting into the playoffs consistently and then winning it all. And finally, finally, the Jets have that guy that puts them in the running.

So a little over half of the teams going to the playoffs have qbs drafted in the first round.....

A bunch of teams not going to the playoffs have QBs drafted in the first round. Most starting QBs were drafted in he first round....

Stafford, Ryan, Russel, Cutler. Smith, Campbell, Manning, Pennington....

And there are a bunch of QBs that the team though would be the savior...Losman, Young, Lefwitch, etc.

Archived