The Official Washington/Feely/Faneca/Jones Are Gone - Deal With It Thread

The Gun Of Bavaria

The NFL stands for Never Fall in Love (with players).

I loved Leon, and certainly Faneca was a veteran class act and good run blocker. Jones was a lockerroom leader.

But they're gone now and its time to move on. I'm not going to bash this team for cutting ties a year early. We let go of Coles last year, and the timing in hindsight was perfect. He was putrid for the Bengals last season.

You can't worry about chemistry in today's NFL. You can only worry about putting the best product on the field. This is a young man's game, and all 3 controversial players we let go of are getting up there in age.

And in any case, Faneca was never brought in to be a longterm solution. Neither was Damien Woody, who can't be far behind in getting let go. Next season, we'll probably draft another lineman early (unless Slauson/Turner/etc prove to be worthy of earning starting roles) and finish the job of solidifying the starting unit.

I also believe the Callahan will adequately get Ducasse ready to take one of the starting spots in year 1, whether it be at LG or RT.

One thing that really is making me nuts is this whole media meme that "Thomas Jones is today better than LT". Look, if from the point in the AFC title game when Shonn Green was hurt, the Jets and the lead and the ball. Green was tearing it up. But Jones could not get anything done in that game, and if he cannot do much there, what's the point of having him on your team, stats and "intangibles" be damned?You aren't going to pay top dollar for a guy who dissappears in the 2nd half of an AFC title game. Now LT may be oft-injured and it may not work out, but he can catch passes out of the backfield and suspect if we had a healthy LT that afternoon instead of Jones we might have been in the big game.

Stop PMing me then.

Show somebody else your gerbil farm.

Keep lying to yourself like that, a sad way to go through life, but in your case I can understand. :PITTY:

Do me a favor and post the PM's clown show!

Archived